Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

An awful miss from DLS. And then a stupid, stupid foul.

Harry Ruddle on, Conor Tobin & Billy O’Keeffe coming on now.

Iconic from Mahony

I think they’ve fucked themselves here.

Crazy decision from Costigan the spare man. In acres of space, somehow managed to concede possession and give away a stupid free to push it back out to 4.

And then they miss a relatively handy free. No composure with the game in their sights.

1 Like

Class from Dessie x2 :clap:

Champions find a way.

Abbeyside v Mount Sion
Ballygunner v Passage

We’re due a win against ye at some stage @Fagan_ODowd

1 Like

That was a terrible result for Roanmore.

It was. Passage are stone useless.

Ballygunner have sounded very ropey now twice this year, against Lismore and DLS today. In their All Ireland winning campaign three years ago, they were there for the taking against Fourmilewater in the quarter final and Mount Sion should have beaten them in the semi final. They bucked up after those two scares.

It’s handy for them that they’ve drawn Passage in semi final. They’ll beat Passage handily enough. Abbeyside or Mount Sion could have asked questions of them in semi final and you’d have a far better chance of catching them in a semi final than a final.

Ballygunner haven’t freshened up that team enough. They didn’t have much of a Plan B either against Ballyhale and St Thomas in semi final last two years once their running game was counteracted.

2 Likes

An absolute capitulation.
I don"t imagine you’re shedding too many tears.

Passage had 14 for a lot of it, I believe?

40 mins.

I’m shedding none.

Thats a shocker from Roanmore.

At least they won the Junior B last night. Will be a good County Final v Lismore.

Regarding BG, I’d say they are smart enough to know themselves that you’ve got to be careful what you wish for if you start trying to rebuild or transition a team that’s won the last two Munster Clubs at their ease.

Theres surely something wrong with the system in Waterford whereby Conor Tobin was able to play in Ballygunner intermediates 3 group games, along with appearing in both the seniors group games, he than scored 1-3 yesterday against cappoquin-tourin in the intermediates close quarter final victory, while playing his third senior match of the season today, he is finally ineligible for the intermediates after today but thats not much consolation to poor cappoquin-tourin

4 Likes

Did he actually come on today? I know they were getting him ready to come on at one stage.

I think the rule is that you name your first 15, and after that you are eligible for Intermediate/Junior until you play knockout Senior.

I guess some would argue that playing two minutes of Group fare shouldn’t ruin your eligibility.

Don’t think there’s a monster like Ballygunner in any other county. Bottom line is there should be two clubs feeding into the pick that they have. The demographics are completely skewed in Waterford City.

Darragh O’Sullivan is also in charge of the seniors, intermediates and minors in the club!

A Waterford man uphere in the big smoke ( Not Fagan O’Dowd) used be telling me Ballygunnar was the GAA club for Dunmore East. It was only when I had reason to be down in Dunmore East last summer that I realised how far outside the city Dunmore East is. I still cant fathom how Ballygunnar can pick out of Dunmore East

In most counties in fact I d say nearly all, even a minute of group fare action at the higher grade rules out of the lower

In fairness Ballygunner fish out of Dunmore East but so do Passage. I should add that there’s a couple of grand Mount Sion lads from Dunmore too.