Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

:rollseyes:

Michael Bevans that’s about 4ft 11?

His job is to coach players skills not catch high balls in games. He is a fabulous coach

1 Like

Bevans has been the brains of the operation with Tipp underage teams these past few years.

Provides a bit of stability to the set up

Just trying to place him. Same age as Paddy O Brien I’m guessing

Older again . He playerd on toomevara teams from around 1996 or so . I would think he is around the 42 mark or so . The o briens late 30s

Short arse alright, fine hurler in his day.

Sported a fantastic ponytail in his heyday to booth. Was good underage calibre and a couple of Fitzgibbons as well to his name as a player.

1 Like

Waterford have no scoring forwards. Doesn’t matter who’s over them that can’t be compensated enough with good coaching and better discipline

1 Like

Word is the players haven’t been consulted on this and are far from happy. Trouble brewing already

:laughing::laughing:

I’d be surprised

Spot on, Beavens was 42 earlier this year.

You ould rogue

1 Like

Definitely seems like a good appointment on the face of it, has a good track record, plays decent hurling, has a good coach alongside him.

The only thing is that he seems quite an abrasive character; nothing wrong with that, it would seem to be what Waterford need but this group of players appear to be oddly sensitive.

Are you saying that they are a shower of pussies?

Terror to think those hugely successful Waterford players wouldn’t have been consulted

Consulting the players should just be the new normal in this day and age.

Agreed.

They shouldn’t have carte blanche to pick the manager but at the very least consulted and be part of the process. Without unity between the players, executive and management you are at fuck all these days and haven’t a hope of competing at the business end of things without it.

1 Like

The Waterford players were abusing each other on the field and their mentors on the sideline last year against Tipp in Semple. It’s a running kick up in the arse that they want.
Consultation me hole.

2 Likes