Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Moran might have some future if they played him at centre forward maybe. He’s going to get toasted for pace at half back if left there

Do you think he’s not worth his place?

He is, but not at wing back or midfield, lack of pace has been badly exposed there in recent times

Is Connors gone?

He was told he would not be part of the panel this year.

Calum Lyons was very impressive for Waterford IT today. Caught a rake of ball, but also used it well and got a fine point overlapping from wing-back too.

Eddie Meaney got a goal, and looked very lively inside in the full-forward line; is he still on the panel? Billy Nolan has some distance on his puckouts, dropping bombs well inside the opposition '45. Robbie Flynn from Clonea was very lively too, not sure if he’s on the panel.

Austin had some moments of magic, scored a couple of lovely points, although had a few wides too. However, he went off injured with about 10 minutes to go with a knee injury, didn’t look great.

3 good men over WIT aswell :see_no_evil:

Iarlaith Daly is a very tidy hurler. Is he a son of the Growler?

He’s not no. He is a son of a fellow called Niall Daly I think who made a few bob in London possibly in the waste business and came back to live in Cork. Iarlaith went to CBC Cork possibly making him the first Waterford hurler to have attended a private school.

Is Cahill managing the u20s as well ? They were a shambles last year

Don’t believe so.

Were you in Walsh Park yesterday . Ye have what appears to be a good brains trust on sideline

I was there. I was reasonably happy with the management. Cahill was calm enough but didn’t do the dog looking at the Telly routine that Patsy did. He looked to have some man management skills which again Patsy lacked. Also he was ruthless enough to whip Conor Gleeson off early which was good. Hopefully the performance yesterday will send a signal out to the fellas who were injured but who think they are indispensable that they can fuck off if they think they can try the shit they were at last year.

Positives.

No sweeper.

Kieran Bennett ( one of only 3 Waterford men to score a goal in an All Ireland Final since My Fair Lady was in the cinemas) prospering as a forward.

Work rate.

Darragh Fives lasting a full game.

Pat Curran getting a run.

Negatives

No sweeper

The freetaking. Not sure Paraic Mahony will be much better

The puck outs

Dessie Hutchinson getting a wake up call.

The damp seats in Walsh Park have left me with a chill in my kidneys.

3 Likes

They do a poor enough match programme in Walsh Park.

Back looked a bit porous. Much better going forward and a bit of structure and game plan.

I just cant take the Waterford management seriously

8 Likes

How come he plays for lismore and not a cork club?

:man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5:

Strange if he’s living in cork.

His old fella is a doctor afaik.

He is in school down in cork but the family live in Lismore