Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

A mighty win, congratulations. This is the team and setup to finally bring Waterford to the Promised Land

Jesus I hope this isn’t true but I’ve seen it in a few places this evening. Christ above.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeh, nice to be back at the business end. We’ll see how we get on against the Limerick juggernaut. Had some great clashes at minor with a good sprinkling on both sides so it was on the cards for a while we’d face off. Be a long 2 weeks.

1 Like

Why did Shane Bennett pack it up?

He was due to go travelling to America again this year but obviously Covid messed that up.

The story goes that he asked Cahill in the summer if he could rejoin the panel, but Cahill said No, as he has his principles.

Has Dave Power no principles?

1 Like

He has but they are just different to Cahill.

You’re a gas Tipp man

Apparently he works in Carlingford, so that wouldn’t be very convenient for training.

It wouldn’t I suppose.

I see TQS are employing half the panel. I’m sure something could have been arranged.

Didn’t Davy bring the Waterford team swimming and diving in Carlingford before the 08 AI final while Kilkenny were busy flaking eachother in training.

Tied up their muscles with the he swimming. And Mullane nearly drowned

2 Likes

Great fella that Davy

@Fagan_ODowd

Have you any recollection of Liam O MurchĂš doing a sort of Up for the Match the night before the 1982/83 Munster final .???

I have a very vague recollection

Munster Final 1959. John Kiely, Duck Whelan and Mick Lacey.

14 Likes

Mick Lacey was the first of the 1959 team to pass. Died in 1967 when he was only 37. When I was passing through Cappoquin a few weeks ago, I stopped to have a look at that mural outside the pitch. Serious Cappoquin representation on the 1948 Minor All Ireland winning team.

4 Likes

I think there were only three clubs represented on the 48 Minor Team. Dungarvan, Cappoquin and Mount Sion

3 Likes

Jesus, those were cracking jersies.

3 Likes

That was the style at the time

2 Likes