Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Were you provoked on behalf of Richie Bennis?

Mikes in fighting form already. Gonna be a hell of a week.

What did Dan say after the Cork replay that year? Do the words "fuck Limerick " ring a bell

Yes they do. They’re the words falsely attributed to Dan after the Cork replay by some ne’er for well from Limerick

1 Like

According to who? And by the way was there anything factually wrong with what Richie said?

You’re the one making the accusation here. Did you hear him say it.

Anyway as Dan said in his book, at least Waterford won the league and the Munster Championship in 2007. Limerick won nothing.

2 Likes

images (4)

And now they just happen to be double Munster and league champions with an all Ireland to boot.

Dan’s not that kind of fellow.

Until Liam Cahill shows his brother the door

Oh no. Mike posted a funny picture. I’ll never come back from that.

2 Likes

He’s a sound oul skin.

1 Like

tenor (22)
Enjoy your meltdown

The OG’s are banging hard here

Is he still driving the oil lorry?

He is indeed.

Dan is some pilot in fairness. He’d back the lorry in through the eye of a needle for you… He’s the best there is.

3 Likes

Better then Christy Ring even?

1 Like

Ring was before my time so all I can only go on is word of mouth. But it’s a widely held belief within the trucking fraternity that Ring was such a good pilot he used to drive the road between Cork and Limerick while sitting in the passenger seat, operating the steering wheel & gear lever with his feet.

I’ve heard it said that unlike a multi-talent like Dan, Christy Ring had only one real talent, hurling. A very moderate oil lorry driver apparently.

Jaysus, Dan is a fantastic fella, really honest interview with him and Ken McGrath here on Newstalk, two fine gentlemen

3 Likes