Waterford v Kilkenny 2017

Gleeson will need to lead the charge this time. Waterford’s backs are solid enough to hold Kilkenny, Fennelly-Coughlan is the only match-up that looks particularly unfavourable. It’s the forwards that really need to step up.

Kilkenny

1 Like

That is going to happen to Kilkenny anyway, there’s a few years of rebuilding ahead of them regardless of what happens this year. Waterford on the other hand were on the cusp of something but they’ve started to stutter. Defeat at the hands of the poorest KK team in decades would set them back an awful lot

Ball went under Shane Fives hurley on the stroke of full time to an unmarked Kilkenny man and the ref blew it up. I could understand why Cody was furious. They wiped the floor with us in extra time.

When is Cody sitting down to pick the referee?

5 Likes

I encountered the Waterford entourage eating their post match meal. Suggestions of McGrath losing the dressing room appeared way off the mark. He was tucking into his dinner having the craic with about 6 panel members happily seated around him at a table in the hotel bar. They looked very lean. Kevin Moran is a lot smaller than I expected. Some big tall blondie fella has a bit of coffee addiction.

3 Likes

The Waterford players want to win for Derek more than win for themselves.

They adore him.

This depends on which Waterford show up. Kilkenny didn’t look up to much last week. Waterford by 3

I don’t think I could take another loss to Kilkenny

If Waterford win this I’d nearly fancy them for the All-Ireland.

This is the type of match that can make a team and give them unstoppable momentum for the rest of the year.

Only one team can gain such momentum from this match, and that’s Waterford.

Ypu could make the exact same point regarding Kilkenny. @the_mixer_walsh made a fair point when he said a win this weekend would put Kilkenny right back in track.

Kilkenny are teetering on the brink like they were in 2013 when they beat Waterford at the same stage. Should they somehow manage to get through this match they’ll be taken out by the losers of the Munster final.

They won’t get through it though.

Hurling needs kilkenny to win this. And after bending it’s rules in modern times to accommodate them, kilkenny now owe it to hurling to do so.

1 Like

That gave me a headache

Derek McGrath is an enemy of hurling

1 Like

The little prick is attempting to kill it.

1 Like

We both know you’ll still fancy Clare whether they win or get beat by 20 points on Sunday sid

And rightly so.

I’m not sure it would in the long run but if we beat them, McGrath will have to step aside. IMO, anything but an AI appearance and he should go. He’s done a good job but I think he’s taken them as far as he can.

Either way McGrath is finished after this year and that has been well known in Waterford since the start of this year