Waterford v Kilkenny 2017

If WD beat KK with the current set of forwards they have & go on to win the AI it will be the greatest win in a long long time.

Gleeson, 2 Bennetts, Shanahan, Curran, Brick, Dunford, Dillon… They’re all decent.

Not much good when he doesn’t play them together or plays such a negative style which puts emphasis on stopping the opponent scoring while finding it difficult to score themselves.

Decent is about it

2 Likes

Lobbing balls down on a static Maurice won’t win it for us but pace will.

2 Likes

I think Maurice slows everything up for Waterford.

Can the 58 year boil be lanced ?

Moran CF & Ozzie FF?

I don’t think he’ll employ any negative tactics against us. On all available evidence there would be no need against this KK team. But I definitely believe we have a performance in us and if it happens to materialize while Waterford are employing a “conventional” game plan cc Derek McGrath, it will make for a right good tussle and one we could win. On the other hand Waterford are not a bad team either, most of the ingredients are there and if they do click either on Saturday or the following week, well who knows, it might just be the year it happens

2 Likes

KK will win, venue a serious plus for them.

Thurles is a serious plus for everyone these days, we can’t all get an advantage from it

What position did Gleeson play against Offaly?

WD must hate hurling there tbf.

Roving half forward. Very good on the loose ball.

I think the ref will have a big bearing on this!

I’d be hoping for Brian Gavin

If Waterford are brave enough to go for the jugular here they could win with a bit to spare

KK to win a tight affair for me. Don’t think WD know how to win tight games.

It’s shit or bust they’ll have to go for it and they’ll never have a better chance of beating KK and laying down a marker

I’d be hoping for Barry Kelly. We could wheel Ned Quinn out on Saturday night to tell everyone how he robbed us again