Waterford v Wexford - The battle for armchair supporter moral high ground

How dare you reference Flann Oā€™Brien in this context. Have some respect.

For jaysus sake.

Professionalism of Derek McGrath shining throigh here in how on message the fans are

3 Likes

Deja vu.

Only for tis Cark youā€™d nearly advise them to ring Frank to see if he could call in a few favours

Tadgh comes from a good family, there isnā€™t a dirty stroke in the man. I hope the powers that be in Croke Park can see these qualities and not prevent Tadhg from playing in the biggest game of his career.

2 Likes

Podge served his penance a few years back, TDB should suck it up & have faith in his teammates to get the job done without him.

Anyone who accepts a ban from the GAA in this day and age is a fool. When you have the likes of Connolly continually getting off (finally caught up with him, but heā€™ll see action yet no doubt, so itā€™ll barely count), it makes no sense for anyone to accept a suspension under the current system.

1 Like

I think the Tipperary official got his sums correct here. Letā€™s all move along.

Calling @Malarkey.
IYO without boring the holes off us all, should TDB get off?

So did Mullaneā€¦podges infraction was a lot different than TDBā€™s and I donā€™t think an AI semi was at stake either

Mullaneā€™s is over 10 years ago now, the fact that everyone keeps harping back to that, shows how few actually do take their punishment anymore. He was an honourable man, but so was Ned Stark and he still lost his head.

1 Like

They should probably interview the family as part of the appeals process so. :rollseyes:

Not a bad idea, salt of the earth folk really

1 Like

Ye will sweep up all the fodder just fine w/o TDB. Yeā€™ll ate them w/o salt or pepper sauce.

Too late I had my error edited in time

I beg to differ.

Fair enough mate

1 Like

Exactly. TDB is being screwed by the big wigs in the GAA here.

1 Like

The main similarity between the Podge and De Burca incidents were that they both happened right in front of a linesman.

There have been numerous examples of helmet pulls in recent years whereby the offender got away with it due to the fact that officials were too far away to make a decision. JJ Delaney against Limerick in 2014 and Stapleton against Kilkenny in the A/I final the same year are two that spring to mind which were fairly blatent but the ref bottled it due to being 50 or 60 yards away when it happened

Fergal Horgan was the linesman who sent off Podge Collins and was ref for the TDB incident.

Another similarity