Waterford v Wexford - The battle for armchair supporter moral high ground

Good eyesight in both cases.

Rules are Rulesā€¦

I honestly think it was a case of the Muslim headwear actually just trying to break free and he caught the face-guardā€¦ Unfortunate but as Big mick says, it will be on the linesmanā€™s word and wonā€™t be over turned.

Straight red by the rulebook, dangerous as well though nowhere near as bad as the one by another Waterford hurler earlier in the summer

Pity he couldnā€™t see the 3 catches in the build up to Corks penalty in the under 21 the other week.

He also sent off Fitzgibbon very harshly in the same game.

He has good eyesight when it suits.

Fergal is the best referee in the Country.

2 Likes

Did Fitzgibbon not appeal his red card and was that appeal not rejected?
You cannot criticise Horgan for acting on the word of his linesman. If he chose to ignore it then that would be worse.

Donā€™t believe the hype.

He also was quick to spot Stephen Oā€™Keeffe foul the ball in the closing stages of the Waterford v Wexford match.

He then made a big point of ensuring all players were outside the 21 when free was being taken.

Jack O Connor was then clearly inside the 14 when shot was hit. He got the rebound and goal stood.

Bizarre officiating.

His umpire, a club referee made the SOK call. Again, great officiating from Fergal & his team. :clap::clap:

I donā€™t blame him for taking the linesmans word in the TDB case but the triumphant manner in which he flashed the card and pointed to the sideline was not for me.

Seems the bigger the nameā€¦

How did nobody see O Connor was inside 14 when free was hit then?

Especially when he made a big point of it literally 5 seconds earlier?

In fairness that rule is normally impossible to officiate with forwards & defenders usually moving early.
WD defenders obviously were asleep & should have tracked Oā€™Connor. Are you blaming Horgan for poor WD defending too?

Ah Harry Kehoe went crying to the linesman which didnā€™t help

I just donā€™t buy the whole "Horgan is the best referee in the country stuff.

He makes as many fuck ups as the rest. There would have been absolute war if that Jack O Connor goal had meant something instead of being a late consolation.

Missing the 3 catches in the under 21 game was massive and Waterford could argue theyā€™d be Munster Champions now seeing as Cork ran Limerick so close without their star man Fitzgibbon.

Horgan has a tendency to let so much go and then blow a free for the most harmless little tip.

1 Like

Heā€™s another arrogant prick of a ref

Please God Tadhg will get the all clear to play.

3 Likes

Why is touching another playerā€™s face mask a red card offence?

Seriously?

I really donā€™t get why it should be a red card offence or anything near it.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t even the mask it was the strap he caught while swinging his hand

Looked like the mask to me but Iā€™ve yet to see it really clearly,
Itā€™s a dangerous move and could lead to serious injury

Yet Kieran Donaghy tries to strangle Declan Kyne and thatā€™s grand. :grin:

Heā€™d have gotten nothing if heā€™d had manners. A valuable lesson learned. Pity someone wouldnā€™t do the same to that Bradshaw cunt.