Wedding Etiquette

His cousin?

That’s ridiculous, is it not?

You don’t deserve the honour of this role after that. You heartless bastard. :eek:

Send me a photo on the day, mate

Didnt she have a massive nose?

@Bandage , is it a civil ceremony or standard Catholic wedding?
are ye all getting decked out in the matching suits, etc?
we didnt bother with that and it worked very well, i instructed my crew (ould fella, 2 brothers, best friend and her da) to present themselves in dark grey/ black suit with a white shirt, we then provided them all with stunning matching blue ties that they had the permission to keep and cherish as a souvenir,
The good and bad thing about a civil ceremony is that there is no etiquette associated with it at all, it can be over and done with in 15 minutes or you can add what you want, the guy doing it is getting paid anyway and dosent care.
The only down side is the lack of structure can put you under pressure to “organise” , also the majority of the guests will view a civil marriage with a deep suspicion like you would say with a homosexual or a nigerian.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 965107, member: 367”]@Bandage , is it a civil ceremony or standard Catholic wedding?
we didnt bother with that and it worked very well, i instructed my crew (ould fella, 2 brothers, best friend and her da) to present themselves in dark grey/ black suit with a white shirt, we then provided them all with stunning matching blue ties that they had the permission to keep and cherish as a souvenir,
The good and bad thing about a civil ceremony is that there is no etiquette associated with it at all, it can be over and done with in 15 minutes or you can add what you want, the guy doing it is getting paid anyway and dosent care.
The only down side is the lack of structure can put you under pressure to “organise” , also the majority of the guests will view a civil marriage with a deep suspicion like you would say with a homosexual or a nigerian.[/QUOTE]

It’s a Church of Ireland ceremony but we’ll be decked out in matching suits alright. @Appendage will be annoyed at the lack of grub as they don’t do the whole communion thing.

:eek:

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 965107, member: 367”]@Bandage , is it a civil ceremony or standard Catholic wedding?
The only down side is the lack of structure can put you under pressure to “organise” , also the majority of the guests will view a civil marriage with a deep suspicion like you would say with a homosexual or a nigerian.[/QUOTE]

I was at a civil ceremony recently in a hotel. Great job. Pints before hand, 20 minute ceremony and straight back into the bar. No traveling, no messing. Some lads even had pints while watching the service. People did seem to take the whole thing a bit less seriously though.

What the fuck?

Give him fuck all

That’s because it’s not that serious. In fact it’s not serious at all. It’s a wedding, it’s supposed to be joyous and relaxed. And in the modern day it’s also completely changed, people live together before marriage. The point of presents traditionally was to help people get a start, that all gone.
I think it’s disgusting people who own a house and have jobs take money off their wedding guests. If I get any money it will be either given back or put behind the bar.

At least we’ll be spared that crap from the book of Ruth. Love is patient, love is kind, etc…FFS SAKE.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 965137, member: 273”]That’s because it’s not that serious. In fact it’s not serious at all. It’s a wedding, it’s supposed to be joyous and relaxed. And in the modern day it’s also completely changed, people live together before marriage. The point of presents traditionally was to help people get a start, that all gone.
I think it’s disgusting people who own a house and have jobs take money off their wedding guests. If I get any money it will be either given back or put behind the bar.[/QUOTE]

Ah I know ya, I just thought it was ripping the piss a bit lads drinking pints during the ceremony. I personally think the more relaxed the better although I was at one horror show of a hipster wedding recently which would leave you inclined to think that some of the traditional stuff is the way forward.

They are Protestants not Muslims. You’ll have to listen to all that shit plus a longer Our Father

:frowning:

What bits do they add into the Our Father (Or Fathers).

I wouldn’t blaspheme myself by repeating it

Your colleagues in the Ra won’t be happy

If they have booze at the same place the wedding is on then it’s fair game, unless there wa a specific request not to drink at it I think it’s cool. But that’s just me