Wedding Etiquette

:smiley:

he’d never come out of the basement in this weather…

Scum you put the 5 or 6k behind the bar and let them at it. You must think I’m a awful fool to be letting a tab build up.
Have a lash if cans stashed away for the real wino’s at the end.

Was that in retaliation for his nose knocking your drink?

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 965376, member: 129”]Have two if the interest is there. My mate had us in Krakow for the first XI and then the lad getting married had a session in the local with the lads who wouldn’t have been willing to pay for a weekend in Poland. Worked out well.

As regards “where everyone can afford”, though, going to Poland was as cheap as going to Portarlington.[/QUOTE]
I went to Poland. It was great.

Stags for me is just invite everyone, whoever wants to go goes. What’s the big deal? Don’t like stags that carry a big crowd generLly, but Poland was a big crowd and was great.

Au contraire friend, this is exactly the time to emerge, like a butterfly coming from the cocoon, having honed and chiselled my abs to perfection thanks to our very own fitness thread, I can do a 1000 crunches now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeAMVK75T4

What’s the story with Honeymoons, nobody goes on them anymore. Or they go 9 months later or something.

The whole thing really is out of fashion.
It’s just Become a competition for the women to outdo each other.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 965408, member: 273”]What’s the story with Honeymoons, nobody goes on them anymore. Or they go 9 months later or something.

It’s just Become a competition for the women to outdo each other.[/QUOTE]

I believe there are some excellent all inclusive packages to Mauritius.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 965408, member: 273”]What’s the story with Honeymoons, nobody goes on them anymore. Or they go 9 months later or something.

Bitches be crazy, Kev.

:smiley:

I’ve been to 6 weddings in the past year or so and they all went on honeymoon straight after the event.

I’ve been to 6 weddings in the past year or so and they all went on honeymoon straight after the event.[/QUOTE]
If kev says no one goes on them, then no one fucking goes on them. Fall the fuck in.

I’ve been to 6 weddings in the past year or so and they all went on honeymoon straight after the event.[/QUOTE]
Was that in the land that time forgot (Tipp)?

Galway x 1
Limerick x 3
Cork x 2

I think about 1/2 out of the last 7 or 8 I went to or missed at home had people go on them.
I know in one case they couldn’t afford it cos of the wedding.

Giving money as a wedding present is an ancient and accepted custom for many peoples throughout the world.
The Chinese do it almost exclusively putting it in the appropriate red envelope. The amounts vary in accordance with the strength of the relationship /familial bond. (Except when they have been living here a long time and they also give you a suitably extravagant piece if Waterford Crystal - the more ostentatious the better.)

I have a Moroccan friend and I have been to a few family weddings there with her and cash was the only gift I noticed, again the amount given varies with how much you can afford and the relationship.

Closer to home across rural France, Switzerland, Austria etc. where celebrations took place in the local Salle de Fête, an older female relative would be stationed at the entrance making note of the exact amount received from each guest so the couple could reciprocate exactly when they needed to

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 965421, member: 1786”]Galway x 1
Limerick x 3
Cork x 2[/QUOTE]
Fuck off I didn’t ask for your life story.

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 965425, member: 1508”]Giving money as a wedding present is an ancient and accepted custom for many peoples throughout the world.
The Chinese do it almost exclusively putting it in the appropriate red envelope. The amounts vary in accordance with the strength of the relationship /familial bond. (Except when they have been living here a long time and they also give you a suitably extravagant piece if Waterford Crystal - the more ostentatious the better.)

I have a Moroccan friend and I have been to a few family weddings there with her and cash was the only gift I noticed, again the amount given varies with how much you can afford and the relationship.

Closer to home across rural France, Switzerland, Austria etc. where celebrations took place in the local Salle de Fête, an older female relative would be stationed at the entrance making note of the exact amount received from each guest so the couple could reciprocate exactly when they needed to[/QUOTE]
Here, fuck off with your reasoned approach and researched post, kev has told us its a Celtic Tiger thing, and thats the end of it.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 965407, member: 180”]Au contraire friend, this is exactly the time to emerge, like a butterfly coming from the cocoon, having honed and chiselled my abs to perfection thanks to our very own fitness thread, I can do a 1000 crunches now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeAMVK75T4
[/QUOTE]

Yeah right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3Q5BSNaM0

Youre infinitely more buffalo bill than bateman

@farmerinthecity mentioned an actual non-cash present in passing earlier. This was obviously acceptable back in the day when the couple had probably never lived together before and were “setting up home” after getting married. But surely anyone who gives an actual present of household appliances or a painting or something in this day and age deserves to be kneecapped.

Probably received more presence than presents.