Wedding Etiquette

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 966152, member: 1508”]I think the point of sending people thank you cards is to thank them for their presence not their presents. If you have a poor student friend away on Erasmus who makes an effort to make it to your wedding, then it’s nice to acknowledge this.
A wedding should be a celebration with your friends, relations, neighbours, people your mother has to give an invite-back to, etc. so sending thank you cards is just thanking these people for deeming your event important enough to attend. [Especially since you know some of them (your friend’s new boyfriend) are there only under threat ][/QUOTE]

I accept it is nice to thank people who have made a real effort to get there.

What is wrong with thanking them face to face where you can fully express your gratitude?

Instead of lumping him into a system with ‘gratitude’ for cunts who you never really wanted there and who are probably up on the deal?

It is the whole conformity with regard to weddings which annoys me. It is your day so do whatever the hell you like and fuck the rest of them.

I thought they were very pro marriage these days, according to the Labour Party.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 966138, member: 109”]Christ almighty is there an ounce of common courtesy in you at all?

I suppose you probably wouldn’t be bothered with wedding invites either. Easier to just send a message around to the WhatsApp group.[/QUOTE]

there’s not, that’s his problem right there.
It is well known he is also the type of fella who people condescendingly dismiss as a “bit of a character”, he however takes it as a compliment, thinking that he is some type of maverick operator.
id say kev’s wedding would be mad altogther, he’d show up in the suit and a pair of reeboks, the craic would be hilarious, a free bar, fellas randomly showing up after work for a drink to get plastered… i cant wait

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 966138, member: 109”]Christ almighty is there an ounce of common courtesy in you at all?

I suppose you probably wouldn’t be bothered with wedding invites either. Easier to just send a message around to the WhatsApp group.[/QUOTE]
Something like that, I’ll delete a few FB friends and invite the lot.

Courtesy isn’t common, and I don’t think you even having an iota of understanding of the true meaning.
Just cos you got fleeced for your wedding and you are now question it is not my fault.

There were weddings in Ireland costing the guests 500-1k to go to and stay and cunts still expected a few hundred in an envelope.
Anyway, ye are the fools.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 966149, member: 686”]+1 Mate

Women have a fierce habit of getting caught up in this sort of crack… Thank you cards, wedding invites, christening cards, kids birthday invites, fathers day cards, mothers day cards, valentines cards, sympathy card, good luck cards, hard luck cards, get well soon cards… etc…

What a wagon of shit and a complete waste of hard earned cash.

Its all that’s keeping the Postal service going at this stage.[/QUOTE]

I would be a card sender so I will now spend some time rooting outdone Hard Luck Cards- very grateful for a new category.
I also still write letters to people

None of this present day wedding crap is traditional irish. I’m extremely proud of being irish, but not because half the population now think they are upper middle class toffs.

I got married in 1998 before the start of all of this Celtic Tiger wedding etiquette balderdash.

People were invited. We had turkey & ham. We all got pissed and had a good laugh.

I’m still married.

That’s a wedding.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 966137, member: 273”]What would that be?

Why write thank you cards? It’s all a sham. This is wedding planners and the likes selling this shit to the women and the guilt trip being paid or the keeping up with the jones syndrome kicking in.

Thank anyone sincerly at the wedding. End of fucking story.
Ya are worse than the fucking yanks.

Weddings are about celebrating with your friends and family, nothing else. It’s just a great big whoolie for all the people you care about. It’s then about going and having drinks an chats with combos of people that may never again be in a room together. It’s about having a laugh.[/QUOTE]
Agree with Kev here. Young couples waste a small fortune on this gick and then complain that they can’t get a deposit together for a house.

Fucking thank you cards. Do you know where the thank you card ends up @Mac? In the the recycling bin. About 10 seconds after I opened it. Do you think a anyone keeps a tally of who sent them a thank you card and who didn’t. It’s basically another piece of unwanted junk mail.

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 966168, member: 1624”]I got married in 1998 before the start of all of this Celtic Tiger wedding etiquette balderdash.

People were invited. We had turkey & ham. We all got pissed and had a good laugh.

I’m still married.

That’s a wedding.[/QUOTE]
That’s it, fair play.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 966144, member: 24”]Would you fuck off with your thank you cards.

Oh we have to follow the same procedure as everyone else. Maybe even get the same design on them as was on the menus for the meal. I have even seen people comparing the quality of paper in the thank you cards to the ones they had, attempting to suss out if they had paid more or less.

[/QUOTE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 966168, member: 1624”]I got married in 1998 before the start of all of this Celtic Tiger wedding etiquette balderdash.

I’m still married.

Back in the day when the vegetarians had only the soup & bread if it wasn’t chicken or oxtail.

[QUOTE=“Midshipman Asha, post: 966166, member: 1508”]I would be a card sender so I will now spend some time rooting outdone Hard Luck Cards- very grateful for a new category.
I also still write letters to people[/QUOTE]

Will you fire ahead and line up a few for @Piles Hussain[/USER] , [USER=58]@theLockes[/USER] , [USER=110]@Fran[/USER] and [USER=258]@cluaindiuic please… if you post them tomorrow they have them Monday morning.

People couldn’t afford to be vegetarians before the Celtic Tiger

I’m still married.

Did you consumate it on the night?

I don’t mean to pry but I am just wondering seeing as you were pissed and all?

Face to face conversation:

You have made the cut. Are you available on the wedding date?
Cheers. Yeah - should be. I’ll let you know for definite.
Can I get your address so that I can send an official invitation to you that cost us a nice penny to get done just so we can formalise it and make a big deal out of it and because everyone else does it?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 966204, member: 24”]Did you consumate it on the night?

I don’t mean to pry but I am just wondering seeing as you were pissed and all?[/QUOTE]

Don’t mean to pry? :eek:

I was a virile young buck in those days and Mrs. Kremmen was left sated in wonderment.

Obviously, as mentioned, she was quite pissed as well.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 966165, member: 273”]Something like that, I’ll delete a few FB friends and invite the lot.

Courtesy isn’t common, and I don’t think you even having an iota of understanding of the true meaning.
Just cos you got fleeced for your wedding and you are now question it is not my fault.

There were weddings in Ireland costing the guests 500-1k to go to and stay and cunts still expected a few hundred in an envelope.
Anyway, ye are the fools.[/QUOTE]

I’ve read the bolded bit 10 odd times now and I still haven’t a notion what you’re trying to say. I’ll put it down to me touching a nerve in my last post to you.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 966169, member: 706”]Agree with Kev here. Young couples waste a small fortune on this gick and then complain that they can’t get a deposit together for a house.

Fucking thank you cards. Do you know where the thank you card ends up @Mac? In the the recycling bin. About 10 seconds after I opened it. Do you think a anyone keeps a tally of who sent them a thank you card and who didn’t. It’s basically another piece of unwanted junk mail.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad we didn’t send you one so.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 966206, member: 24”]Face to face conversation:

You have made the cut. Are you available on the wedding date?
Cheers. Yeah - should be. I’ll let you know for definite.
Can I get your address so that I can send an official invitation to you that cost us a nice penny to get done just so we can formalise it and make a big deal out of it and because everyone else does it?[/QUOTE]

That would be how it works if it was only men involved. I think most lads don’t realise that the day is pretty much all about the woman now and that the groom is just an accessory needed for legal reasons.

The cost of weddings really is just ridiculous now. Was at one in April up the country, I wasn’t long out of hospital so couldn’t even have a drink at it.

€100 present, €75 for a shared room in the hotel, €50 on petrol getting there and another €50-€60 buying a few drinks for people at the table etc. On a normal day long session I’d have spent another 100/150.

The thank you cards thing is a strange one. I personally wouldn’t be offended if I never received a thank you card (they invited me to the most important day of their lives, that’s gratitude enough) but some people, particularly women, get very offended if they don’t receive one.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 966215, member: 109”]I’ve read the bolded bit 10 odd times now and I still haven’t a notion what you’re trying to say. I’ll put it down to me touching a nerve in my last post to you.

I’m glad we didn’t send you one so.

That would be how it works if it was only men involved. I think most lads don’t realise that the day is pretty much all about the woman now and that the groom is just an accessory needed for legal reasons.[/QUOTE]
10 times? Fucking hell, your not very good at word games I’d suggest.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: