Wedding Etiquette

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967067, member: 273”]I’d rather spend a couple of years doing that than a life of misery under the thumb.
You are really badly rattled by this.[/QUOTE]

Why would I be rattled?

I would have thought of all the people posting on this thread, @TreatyStones would be the least rattled of all about it.

This thread has been the most amusing clusterfuck of a thread I’ve read on here in a long time

If they were you wouldn’t pay them anyway you thieving cunt.

What makes you think that?

That you have admitted evading taxes/defrauding the state.

+1 mate

Wear a nice suit and a decent pair of shoes, make sure that stag is a few weeks before the big day and nod and agree on a few items that your brain cannot even begin to comprehend (“Should I put bows or bells on the ends of the seats in the church?” WTF?? How would I know?)

Any decent man worth his salt who is serious about marriage will have no hassle signing a few cheques to make sure his wife to be has a memorable day. Of course there are scenarios where outrageous stuff is suggested but you have to trust her on that.

Stage 4 and building.

Tax avoidance does not equal tax evasion

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 967088, member: 686”]+1 mate

Wear a nice suit and a decent pair of shoes, make sure that stag is a few weeks before the big day and nod and agree on a few items that your brain cannot even begin to comprehend (“Should I put bows or bells on the ends of the seats in the church?” WTF?? How would I know?)

Any decent man worth his salt who is serious about marriage will have no hassle signing a few cheques to make sure his wife to be has a memorable day. Of course there are scenarios where outrageous stuff is suggested but you have to trust her on that.[/QUOTE]

Was at a wedding at a 5 star hotel a couple of years ago, it was for a girl I used to work with. She invited nearly everyone from work to the whole thing and not just the afters, as would be more common. I wasn’t long after starting in the place so decided to go along, there were a few sound lads going and it actually ended up as a good session.

Looking back the bride was actually a bit of a cunt. Not a bit genuine, totally shallow, the ultimate me-feiner and the wedding day just seemed to be about putting on appearances. After the meal there was even a fireworks display which she later said set them back about 5k (she was so two-faced you wouldn’t know whether to believe anything she said, it could easily have cost either 1k or 10k).

Needless to say, the happy couple had split up less than three years later. It’s a miracle the groom stuck with her as long as he did.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 967101, member: 1552”]Was at a wedding at a 5 star hotel a couple of years ago, it was for a girl I used to work with. She invited nearly everyone from work to the whole thing and not just the afters, as would be more common. I wasn’t long after starting in the place so decided to go along, there were a few sound lads going and it actually ended up as a good session.

Looking back the bride was actually a bit of a cunt. Not a bit genuine, totally shallow, the ultimate me-feiner and the wedding day just seemed to be about putting on appearances. After the meal there was even a fireworks display which she later said set them back about 5k (she was so two-faced you wouldn’t know whether to believe anything she said, it could easily have cost either 1k or 10k).

Needless to say, the happy couple had split up less than three years later. It’s a miracle the groom stuck with her as long as he did.[/QUOTE]

Fireworks :smiley:

He gave her way too much rope there, sounds like he had a lucky escape in the end though a 3 year sentence was harsh enough.

this thread is vintage TFK … GUBU

@dodgy-keeper what did you put in the card in that scenario?

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 967088, member: 686”]+1 mate

Any decent man worth his salt who is serious about marriage will have no hassle signing a few cheques to make sure his wife to be has a memorable day. Of course there are scenarios where outrageous stuff is suggested but you have to trust her on that.[/QUOTE]

I believe that when I indicated something similar to this I was told I was weak and that my wife was controlling my life.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 967102, member: 686”]Fireworks :smiley:

He gave her way too much rope there, sounds like he had a lucky escape in the end though a 3 year sentence was harsh enough.[/QUOTE]

at least he’d the balls to act in the end…

a roman candle…

Just to confirm, I knew the strictly confidential cash gift amount I was going to give but I threw it open to the floor for the laugh. Thank you for the wonderful response, chaps.

You should have read out 3 or 4 pages of this as the speech.

I went with my standard gift of €100. Looking back it galls me that I gave the bitch that much but I always go with that figure if invited for the full wedding. If I was bringing a plus one I’d give €200 in total for both of us.

If there is 200 people going to the meal and they all chip in €100 each that €20k would cover a fair chunk of the wedding (I assume). Throw in the aunts or uncles who’ll often throw in €300 or €400 each and that would cover most of it, if not even lead to a small “profit.”

Have another wedding for a good friend at the end of September and I’ll give either €200 or €250 for myself.

You should use the opportunity to denounce the modern day wedding sham and also imply that the groom has no balls for allowing it to go ahead. Tell everyone to give their money to charity.