Wedding Etiquette

Or a pretty straight forward compromise. It’s not something I would not want, just wouldn’t be first choice.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967329, member: 273”]Well the Australian side were it to happen is not affected by any of them. Beach, garden in hotel. Hardly a problem.
Ireland, none of that is relevant to me either. Wishes of the parents is bizarre? It’s your wedding fella.
Do you just accept people telling you that you can’t do something?
You are really not seeing how much easier it can be. I really don’t get point 3…ring up a venue yourself, ask when it’s available and pay the deposit.

It’s become clear that I have found something the Aussies do way fucking better than us anyway.[/QUOTE]

Kev, with respect, you admitted you’re adopted so you questioning someone elses values in relation to their parents is a load of rubbish.

Out of interest, were you adopted as your adopted parents couldn’t conceive a child or did they have other kids that you were reared with as de facto brothers and sisters?

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 967368, member: 109”]Kev, with respect, you admitted you’re adopted so you questioning someone elses values in relation to their parents is a load of rubbish.

Out of interest, were you adopted as your adopted parents couldn’t conceive a child or did they have other kids that you were reared with as de facto brothers and sisters?[/QUOTE]

What has that got to do with anything?

If you are a fan of @caoimhaoin’s work I would read it

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 967368, member: 109”]Kev, with respect, you admitted you’re adopted so you questioning someone elses values in relation to their parents is a load of rubbish.
[/QUOTE]
I’d love to know what the fuck Mac is trying to say here.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967362, member: 273”]Fair enough on last bit. But for me that just done to being straight and fair and compromise from day one. An of course lads taking a bit of an interest.

FYI. The whole thing kicked off on me giving out about giving cash to people for their wedding, in particular people already set up in life. I made the point the tradition of presents or cash was an old one as most people were just moving in together for the first time. This is now dead. I know a lot of couples look to recoup the outlay of the wedding. My point was, if you can’t afford it don’t do it.

It expanded from there as lads got more and more rattled by their own outlook on their own weddings. Maybe a few got morally repent-full, but expressed it in lashing out.

It’s gas that guys are now saying to me, if you want to do it that way then do it. Where as my original point was not really pointed at anyone in particular yet a few lads really exposed themselves by getting all up in arms about it. Until today it was, you should respect our way of doing it, but your way is stupid. A lot of it is the same lads looking to have a cut off me at anything I say. Something thats an honour really considering the gobshites some are.
I think the word for that is hypocrisy, in Cork we’d just say you were acting the langer.[/QUOTE]

yeah fair enough. I think you’re a tight cunt though for not giving them anything! you miserable cork fuck. but other than that, would agree with you. I used to have more of an opinion on what others did or didnt do for a wedding, but then I couldnt give a shite and just enjoy whatever ones I go to now, whther they are on a beach or in some shitty hotel on the outskirts of some crap town like New ross.

:clap:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967362, member: 273”]

FYI. The whole thing kicked off on me giving out about giving cash to people for their wedding, in particular people already set up in life. I made the point the tradition of presents or cash was an old one as most people were just moving in together for the first time. This is now dead. I know a lot of couples look to recoup the outlay of the wedding. My point was, if you can’t afford it don’t do it.
.[/QUOTE]

I’d agree with a lot of that. Having the wedding the other end of the country from where all the guests are from should be illegal too. A few hundred quid forked out before you’ve even factored in booze or the present.

Its there in basic English. If you read my posts you’ll know I tend not to over complicate things.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967362, member: 273”]Fair enough on last bit. But for me that just done to being straight and fair and compromise from day one. An of course lads taking a bit of an interest.

It expanded from there as lads got more and more rattled by their own outlook on their own weddings. Maybe a few got morally repent-full, but expressed it in lashing out.

It’s gas that guys are now saying to me, if you want to do it that way then do it. Where as my original point was not really pointed at anyone in particular yet a few lads really exposed themselves by getting all up in arms about it. Until today it was, you should respect our way of doing it, but your way is stupid. A lot of it is the same lads looking to have a cut off me at anything I say. Something thats an honour really considering the gobshites some are.
I think the word for that is hypocrisy, in Cork we’d just say you were acting the langer.[/QUOTE]

that’s a a good point and the game breaker here. odd seeing the bland gang getting so defensive

Out of interest, were you adopted as your adopted parents couldn’t conceive a child or did they have other kids that you were reared with as de facto brothers and sisters?[/QUOTE]

wtf?

you drunk?

[QUOTE=“North County Corncrake, post: 967382, member: 80”]wtf?

you drunk?[/QUOTE]

It must be one hell of a stag if this is where you ended up mate

With respect? You just showed a complete lack of respect. More so for my parents than anything.

And as the lads say, what the fuck has that got to do with anything?
Do you think I couldn’t have an excellent relationship with the people that raised me? I can tell you it’s better than a huge amount of people brought up by their natural parents. I’ve been lucky enough to meet my birth mother, her searching, not mine. And I found I had too fantastic sisters to go with it. I can’t help it if adoption makes you uncomfortable.

All you have done is exposed yourself further, an I think it’s because I have obviously hit a nerve. And you clearly are a very narrow minded person.

im not on the stag until tomorrow mate

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967384, member: 273”]With respect? You just showed a complete lack of respect. More so for my parents than anything.

Do you think I couldn’t have an excellent relationship with the people that raised me? I can tell you it’s better than a huge amount of people brought up by their natural parents. I’ve been lucky enough to meet my birth mother, her searching, not mine. And I found I had too fantastic sisters to go with it. I can’t help it if adoption makes you uncomfortable.

All you have done is exposed yourself further, an I think it’s because I have obviously hit a nerve. And you clearly are a very narrow minded person.[/QUOTE]

+1

if mac had a way kids would be locked away in orphanages

an outrageous post by mac

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 967384, member: 273”]With respect? You just showed a complete lack of respect. More so for my parents than anything.

All you have done is exposed yourself further, an I think it’s because I have obviously hit a nerve. And you clearly are a very narrow minded person.[/QUOTE]

Hold on, you’ve hit no nerve at all. I couldn’t give a rattling shite what you think of me or anything about me but you’re quite happy to throw out random accusations about anyone who questions you but once anyone does the same to you we get an answer like the above. You jump straight on the defensive when challenged but when you see other people do it you accuse them of being weak.

I asked quite a simple question to see how’d you’d react and I got the exact response I expected. I’ve a couple of friends who are also adopted and they all have the same insecurity Kev, its not a bad thing so I don’t see why you need to be so defensive about it. It explains a lot.

[QUOTE=“North County Corncrake, post: 967387, member: 80”]+1

an outrageous post by mac[/QUOTE]

That’s a completely ridiculous post mate.

[QUOTE=“North County Corncrake, post: 967387, member: 80”]+1

an outrageous post by mac[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of the woman’s father. Not intelligent enough to debate have deep thoughts or discussions so just lashes out when he feels intellectually inadequate.

I sincerely hope you appreciate the stink of irony in that post.

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 967390, member: 109”]Hold on, you’ve hit no nerve at all. I couldn’t give a rattling shite what you think of me or anything about me but you’re quite happy to throw out random accusations about anyone who questions you but once anyone does the same to you we get an answer like the above. You jump straight on the defensive when challenged but when you see other people do it you accuse them of being weak.

I asked quite a simple question to see how’d you’d react and I got the exact response I expected. I’ve a couple of friends who are also adopted and they all have the same insecurity Kev, its not a bad thing so I don’t see why you need to be so defensive about it. It explains a lot.

That’s a completely ridiculous post mate.[/QUOTE]
You are talking they your hole.

We all have insecurities fella, it’s part of being human. What do you think you have exposed?

You tried to use a part of my life to embarrass me or belittle me but all it has done is exposed yourself and your low level of emotional intelligence.
Not all adopted people are the same.

Being adopted has been a large part of what I am. For the most part it has shaped me positively. I’m open, I accept all people, I can mix with anyone, I can find a level with any creed, colour or nationality. Much much better than most of my friends and family who have hang ups about certain people. I believe that part of me is based around being adopted and being told very young. So from a young age my parents thought me openness and honesty. You don’t get that with all parents. It allows me to talk to anyone and meet all sorts of people.
It would of course shape some insecurities as well. But you manage them as you mature.

You’re clearly not there yet. I read a book recently called “Assholes”, a scientific breakdown of what really constitutes an asshole in the modern world. Guess what, you’re in.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 967314, member: 112”]like I said, when it happens let us know. But between women saying one thing before even having to plan for a wedding (never mind not being engaged), and then changing their perspective, the actual costs of things for it, especially when you know everyone coming wont be giving you a bob, and just a change of attitudes in general with yourselves on what you want when it comes to pass, I would be surprised if what you plan now is what happens in eventuality. Thats just a random thought in general, nothing specific about it as how can I comment on something that hasnt even happened, but if you do end up with it as you say now, more power to you.

a relative of mine, who I wouldnt see often, had a witty little poem in his invitation of how they have all they need, so just send money. Prick. I didnt even acknowledge it. I havent seen anyone say no presents though, and whilst that was the only cash asking one I saw, I have heard of that before. That is bullshit though.[/QUOTE]

Fethard pricks.