Wedding Etiquette

Anyone with a bit of class would keep it confidential.

Weddings were flogged to death here last summer. Boring.

Sometimes you have to drop some class to expose cuntishness

So you think the people at the wedding should pay for the wedding?
That’s mental.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1082578, member: 273”]So you think the people at the wedding should pay for the wedding?
That’s mental.[/QUOTE]

Let em sell tickets to the wedding night …

Youre deluding yourselves @balbec[/USER] & [USER=273]@caoimhaoin

Oh here he comes.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1082569, member: 273”]how would anyone know?
Your attitude to this is sickening.
I fucking hate this part of Ireland[/QUOTE]

Because you fucking tell people. Read the post I quoted you clown.

Interesting grammatical error there art. Freudian type slip I wonder?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1082550, member: 24”]I genuinely cannot understand why people are tight with money.

Whatever they save can’t be worth the horrible reputation they get as a result of their stinginess.

That said I hate the feeling of being had at weddings. Where you give a decent present and it is clear that the couple have gone for the most basic deal possible.[/QUOTE]
That line. What a cunt of an attitude.

I like you farmer, but I actually think that’s bizarre and extremely hypocritical. You give out about people’s stinginess yet you complain about the wedding and not getting value. Fucking hell I hope this is a wind up.

What do ye think of this, as I’m a little perturbed? A good friend of mine got married a while back. He and his now wife live abroad, but had the wedding in Ireland. He stipulated that there was no wedding list, but nothing else. He is one of the nicest, most decent people you could ever wish to meet. Herself and I were the only couple invited from the sports club where I was fortunate enough to meet him.
I wondered whether to give money, but bought him a sculpture instead by a fairly well known Irish sculptor, local to my folks, who I visited in person to pick out said present. It was of a footballer, and was small enough to transport, but heavy enough.
In any case, whilst it wouldn’t be his wife’s thing at all, I met him playing Gaelic games, and it was really my present to him, as I had only met his wife once or twice before.
I haven’t heard from them since, as they are back abroad, and I’m worried that the present has been deemed unsuitable by his wife and that I have offended her.
The wedding was a grand affair which must have cost a fucking fortune.
Should we have given cash in these circumstances?

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1082427, member: 9”]Was chatting to a pal who got married recently.

He said they experienced some incredible generosity and stinginess in equal measure.

Regarding the latter, he said the bride’s aunt and her husband and their three 30-something year old children and assorted wives/husbands/partners were all invited separately. So 4 couples if you will.

The aunt and uncle put €200 in the card and signed it as being from them and “gang”. Essentially their three children, the bride’s cousins, and their respective partners piggybacked on the old pair and gave nothing themselves.

€200 for 8 people. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Cunts

I’d agree with this 100%. Doesn’t mean the behaviour bandaged referenced isnt cuntish though

Several people gave us no gift, mainly because I’d say they couldn’t afford it. Few apologised at later date full of drink which is nearly worse It was something I never gave a second thought to. But if they had put 20 quid into a card would have been worse than giving nothing

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1082606, member: 1170”]What do ye think of this, as I’m a little perturbed? A good friend of mine got married a while back. He and his now wife live abroad, but had the wedding in Ireland. He stipulated that there was no wedding list, but nothing else. He is one of the nicest, most decent people you could ever wish to meet. Herself and I were the only couple invited from the sports club where I was fortunate enough to meet him.
I wondered whether to give money, but bought him a sculpture instead by a fairly well known Irish sculptor, local to my folks, who I visited in person to pick out said present. It was of a footballer, and was small enough to transport, but heavy enough.
In any case, whilst it wouldn’t be his wife’s thing at all, I met him playing Gaelic games, and it was really my present to him, as I had only met his wife once or twice before.
I haven’t heard from them since, as they are back abroad, and I’m worried that the present has been deemed unsuitable by his wife and that I have offended her.
Should we have given cash in these circumstances?[/QUOTE]

Why do you think they were not happy? Coz they haven’t contacted you? Wouldn’t worry about it men not great at that shit sometimes

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1082606, member: 1170”]What do ye think of this, as I’m a little perturbed? A good friend of mine got married a while back. He and his now wife live abroad, but had the wedding in Ireland. He stipulated that there was no wedding list, but nothing else. He is one of the nicest, most decent people you could ever wish to meet. Herself and I were the only couple invited from the sports club where I was fortunate enough to meet him.
Should we have given cash in these circumstances?[/QUOTE]
Personally I think the money lark is farcical and if you want to give something a present like that is far more appropriate.

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1082619, member: 122”]I’d agree with this 100%. Doesn’t mean the behaviour bandaged referenced isnt cuntish though

Several people gave us no gift, mainly because I’d say they couldn’t afford it. Few apologised at later date full of drink which is nearly worse It was something I never gave a second thought to. But if they had put 20 quid into a card would have been worse than giving nothing[/QUOTE]
Really? Why?
Why is the money so important?

I think if you know someone doesn’t need the money then a gift is much better

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1082629, member: 273”]Really? Why?
Why is the money so important?[/QUOTE]

Wasn’t, as I said. No issue with people who gave nothing. But if you are going to give a gift and put a value on it then giving a tenner a head for a couple is a joke. Buy a gift instead.

Nobody really needs the money. The money was for helping people set up shop back in the day. Life has changed

Oh right ya, fair enough. I agree.

It can be a personal thing, but it shouldn’t be an expectation.