Wedding Etiquette

cash is king. you mugs

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1082809, member: 332”]The only mistake you made flattythehurdler was putting a bit of thought into it. Cash money only.
The whole wedding thing is bullshit. But I was at an alternative wedding recently and it was horrific. Traditional works[/QUOTE]

Tell us more…

Post of the year material right here.

Ah I wouldn’t go into too much detail as you’d never know who’s knocking around. Bit of a hippy wedding, suffice to say you’d have been glad of a bit of beef or salmon and a warm dry bed to sleep in.

I think we, as individuals, over think a lot of the time what people think of us and how others perceive us and what others are actually worried about.
Most level headed people will be think full of the present and the effort and think no more of it. Selfish, greedy, needy, unhappy cunts will be upset about it.
You don’t want them in your life anyway. You might meet this lad next week and he’ll surprise you with how happy he is to see you, you’ll know if they are bluffing and/or in anyway pissed off. If they are then that’s very instructive, and leave them off.

My cousin got married a few years ago and is a bit of a hipster. She had the reception in a marquee in the grounds of her gaff (quite a rural area) and invited guests to bring tents and camp out there that night.

That sounds great. Though would be a difficulty for older relations, presumably they could go to a nearby hotel/B&B.

How did it work out?

if some cunt arrived into my wedding (not that I’d be such a mug as to get married) with a toaster, a picture or a plaque or something, I’d fuck him out of it, cash is king, and anyone who says otherwise is lying

Friend of mine got married a couple of years back, had the reception in a fairly expensive place. One of the gifts he got was a fairly large crucifix!

was he cross?

1 Like

Yeah, thanks for your ‘gift’ Gman

I said the reception was in a fairly expensive place… :popcorn:

It was an expensive place relative to the surroundings of the hotel

What do you give a friend who you know since college and still in frequent enough contact with as a wedding present in the following instance…

They are having the actual wedding ceremony the day before and this is extended family only.
There is a party the night after in a hotel with band and afters food which I’m invited to.
They said they don’t want presents and seem to be doing it on the cheap but I feel compelled to give something so I wont come across cheap.

I normally give €200 if a club team mate is getting married or €250 if in the case of a close friend or first cousin. Those are normally 2 days affairs though with full dinner, free wine etc so at least your getting some bang for your buck. Bear in mind they both have well paying jobs and own a house together so they are well set up already.

€150 if you are in regular contact.

:eek: for the afters of a wedding??

Lad I know refuses to go to afters “I won’t eat the crumbs off no man’s table” is his favourite saying.

1 Like

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 1134738, member: 141”]:eek: for the afters of a wedding??

Lad I know refuses to go to afters “I won’t eat the crumbs off no man’s table” is his favourite saying.[/QUOTE]
I want the Spuds not the Skins.

[QUOTE=“Whiplash, post: 1134732, member: 638”]What do you give a friend who you know since college and still in frequent enough contact with as a wedding present in the following instance…

They are having the actual wedding ceremony the day before and this is extended family only.
There is a party the night after in a hotel with band and afters food which I’m invited to.
They said they don’t want presents and seem to be doing it on the cheap but I feel compelled to give something so I wont come across cheap.

I normally give €200 if a club team mate is getting married or €250 if in the case of a close friend or first cousin. Those are normally 2 days affairs though with full dinner, free wine etc so at least your getting some bang for your buck. Bear in mind they both have well paying jobs and own a house together so they are well set up already.[/QUOTE]
Going on your own or with a partner? On your own, probably €200. With a partner then €350-400 in a situation like this.

:rolleyes: it’s a party with finger food.

Horsebox is a ‘just happy to be there’ kind of person…