Wedding Etiquette

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1134795, member: 289”]A mate who got married recently rang me the other day that 4 people he invited to his wedding gave no gift. Was failry pi*ssed off. He would be renowned as a tight fucker himself so it grinded his gears that the folks didn’t even cover the cost of the meal. Also got a vase off a very well off couple and he made the point of checking it online and saw it had been on sale in Arnotts for 30 quid. He was fairly livid.

Personally it wouldn’t bother me if a few didin’t give gifts. You’re inviting people there to celebrate your day not to have your hand out.[/QUOTE]

Miserable cunt. Is it too late to cancel your own cheque mate?

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1134897, member: 2269”]full hog or nothing.
[/QUOTE]

This.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1134795, member: 289”]Also got a vase off a very well off couple and he made the point of checking it online and saw it had been on sale in Arnotts for 30 quid. He was fairly livid.
[/QUOTE]

Your mate is friends with @flattythehurdler ?

It’s not money. It’s the principle.

:smiley:

it’s the money

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1135504, member: 2272”]Stump up the cash for a wedding present?

You’ve found a Bruce Grobbelaar* right there.

*A keeper.[/QUOTE]

I wish. Sure but she’ll know how much YOU should be giving

Best of luck to @croppy_boy who has somehow managed to convince some poor girl to marry him. She must have the patience of a saint, or else just agrees with everything he says!

1 Like

I was at a wedding in Spain last week at a former Limerick minor team mate of @TreatyStones.

I dont really know the couple so I gave a tonne to the girlfriend to put in the card, seeing as it was a free bar for the day I think it was adequate.

A tonne of what, mate?

Emoijis

1 Like

Ok. Here’s one so you can all laugh at me again. Going to a wedding this summer. Last summer the couple (lovely people) wanted to go to a big epl game. I got them the best seats (£80 each iirc). They were engaged with a date set for the wedding at the time. They didn’t have a heap of cash , so, when they were going to pay for the tickets, I said I’d cover them as part of their wedding present.
I have also commissioned a small sculpture of two robins looking at each other, sat on a marble base.
Is this now sufficient (bearing in mind the wedding is in tipp)?
Answers on a postcard please.

3 Likes

Flatty this sculpture stuff has to stop, you evidently have a problem. Unless of course you’re making the sculptures yourself, in which case, stop anyway.

But imo the sculpture and tickets are sufficient. Enjoy the wedding.

2 Likes

Who’s wedding was this?

I broadly agree with @myboyblue. Perhaps @flattythehurdler could also throw in a sleepover offer too though.

“Here guys, I know you don’t have a lot of cash, and are probably skint after paying for this lovely day, so I’ve had a think about it and decided to get you a sculpture of some robins looking at each other.”

6 Likes

Hospital/herbertstown man

Think he might be a year or two younger than you. Minor in 2002 I was told

You don’t really know the couple but went to their wedding in Spain ??

I have started giving airport lounge access to the couple as part of my wedding present if I know they’re on honeymoon straight after. Typically it’ll involve a connection at Heathrow so they’ll be usually flying Aer Lingus first via T2. Have received compliments from the groom about how the bride enjoyed kicking the honeymoon off in comfort.

Only kicker is you usually have to find out the date/time/airline they’re flying to ensure the correct lounge details.

2 Likes

Yes, pal. My Lady friend and the bride are friends

You are a gas cunt Flatty. Two fucking Robins :smile:
Have you shares in the sculpture place or something.

:bird: :bird:

3 Likes