Wedding Etiquette

I played hurling against him once. I can confirm he isn’t that goo looking G mind you I
M full.

1 Like

+1

Big fan of tweed suits. They always remind me of Mr. Toad from The Wind In The Willows, though.

1 Like

What are you trying to say there? @Big_Dan_Campbell is one of the finest posters on here. He has impeccable taste and style

If you’re going to buy something like that, there’s no point in getting the second or third ones, they’re trying to be subtle. No point in being subtle with a suit like that, buy the first one, it makes a statement, I’m fucking stylish and I’m confident enough to wear this. Your life partner will be beside herself with joy. The other two say, I would really like to have bought the first one, but I did’t have the balls to and settled for this instead. In which case every time your life partner see’s it on you would think it’s a lost opportunity. The accompanying footwear and pocket square will be very important matches with this purchase also. I would advise seeking @TreatyStones counsel on this matter.

@balbec . I’ve a wedding in Warsaw over the weekend and I’m best man/witness. Other than breaking the glasses the couple fire over their shoulders what other cultural nuances should I be aware of? No jokes about enjoying the swans from the rest of ye.

1 Like

If the wedding ceremony is in Polish (assuming you don’t speak it given your question) how can you be a witness in any legally meaningful way

You’re a loophole.

2 Likes

Keep your horseshit comments away from this, please. Have you no girls clothes to review over on the Friday fashion thread?

Edit: Apologies UM, that was overly harsh of me.

2 Likes

Ooft

I think a few lines as Polish in your speech would certainly endear you with the local crowd

1 Like

No speeches.

You’ve posted on that thread more recently than me.

1 Like

That’s where you’re going wrong mate. Bring a microphone and say a cupla focail as Polish and you won’t have to buy another drink for the remainder of your stay there. Enjoy it

2 Likes

I was planning an emergency speech and depending on the bride to translate. Fucked if I’m going learning the language of Mordor at this stage.

1 Like

No problem pal. I apologise for making a comment designed to undermine your role on the day. If you need any advice on what to wear in Poland the fashion thread is always there for you too.

1 Like

By having a registered translator on site you mong.

2 Likes

“Kurwa mecz” always works for me.

1 Like

Make sure to welcome Pravo Jazdi into the family.

1 Like

I’ll post something up later on.

1 Like