Wedding Etiquette

They were drawing on @Bandage 's forehead.

2 Likes

I’m going for Henry V myself, pal.

I’ve picked out princess’ lines - ‘When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes.’

Mouse - “Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall with our Limerick dead.”

1 Like

No surprise to see the boy from the garrison town looking to an English king for inspiration.

5 Likes

Remind me about the history of Kilmallock there, kid.

Illustrious.

1 Like

Also, one of the biggest things that put us off the Catholic ceremony was having to do one of these pre-marriage courses with them. Get to fuck.

@ChocolateMice it would be right up your street :joy:

1 Like

It’s probably where a lot of rural based lads get their sex ed so I wouldn’t be knocking the course completely. I can imagine lads like @The_Burner and @Breaking_my_balls going bright red when hearing the words vagina, vulva or period.

3 Likes

Never had to do it thankfully as the missus parish don’t require it, although it comes highly recommended.

Ye will all coming running back to the Church once you have kids who need school places. Humanist wedding ceremonies won’t cut the mustard then unless you have an Educate Together school nearby where you can knit yoghurt with the other hipsters.

As an aside I know of a person who had a humanist going away party before she died. Actually a nice idea if a little awkward at first

3 Likes

Yes I may well be going back into a church to get a child christened but only because the law demands it for certain schools. I do see that law changing soon and rightfully so.

Since when did you become policer on what people can or can’t lash out on on this place. It’s TFK for fuck sake. If you and your friends want to go running through fields with daisy chains tied around ye’re heads for weddings be my guest. I’ll stick to the tried and trusted thank you very much!

2 Likes

Should change but the way the national school system is set up in this country is bizarre and will take a large amount of untangling.

They have not been able to change places in secondary schools being held for kids of past pupils etc. Big issue in Dublin as people move without any past connection to the place and then struggle to find a school. Same issue with subventions to private schools.

The word “ethos” will be writ large.

Anyway I expect the need to keep Church involved in education will see a need for to stay involved with the Church for most people.

The sooner he embraces the sameity of his existence and the fact he is not a unique snowflake the happier he will be.

The irony of lads trying to be different all doing the same different thing.

1 Like

On the plus side, if you ever do it, it will be the only course you will have ever completed without a Government handout and leg up the ladder.

1 Like

A) Youre assuming everyone wants kids
2) What part of cut-off civilization are you living in that non-catholics can’t attend a catholic school?
iii) Your little digs at educate together are gas giving that you’re advocating fairy tales and ghost stories.
B) I’d send any potential kids to a Gael Scoil or Protestant school before a Catholic school - Republicanism and Protestantism go hand in hand in this country.

Sure most Gael scoils are Catholic aren’t they

Not really, no. They do their own thing.

It’s alright but I think a spoken version of You’ll Never Walk Alone would be more appropriate.

1 Like

How very predictable and unoriginal for a top, top poster such as yourself, pal. @hbv will be delighted when he sees it tho.

1 Like

While wearing Liverpool jerseys and matching JFT96 tattoos?