Wedding Etiquette

It’ll look lovely

1 Like

Full kit :joy:

It’s a classic.

“Women”: the Arsenal FKW must be a polygamist

Did a two hour cathedral wedding in killarney one cold January and that confirmed it for me. All the shite yer man was spouting.

Our ceremony was thirty seconds from the bar. A mate did some music (Beatles, etc.), herself picked out a few poems (Yeats and some other one) for the “readings”. My uncle got up at the end, cracked a few
Jokes with the celebrant, and sang us out with an old folk song. Including all the legalities that had to be taken care of, it was wrapped up in 25 minutes, allowing people to get on with the most important part of the day at the bar

3 Likes

Your at iii.

I’m no where near it, you gimp.

The Oirish can’t do anything without drink.

2 Likes

:pint: Referring to a reply as “predictable” etc is basically an admission that you are seething. What a self-clamping you have engineered for yourself here…

Even when they go without drink for a bit they keep going on about it.

1 Like

Was that meant for me? Who edited what? You’re all over the place. - you’re so seething you are replying to yourself and mixing up what posts were and were not edited.

What a self-clamping you have engineered for yourself here…

I see you did a bit of editing yourself :joy:

Sounds great.
Too many people (even the non practicing), can’t seem to picture anything except the church for a wedding ceremony. Especially women.
They’d be worried that a ceremony in a hotel room sounds cheap from many angles and it isn’t what they visualised since being a child.
In the end of the day, it isn’t about being a “hipster” or being alternative for the sake if being different. It’s realising the ceremony that is most meaningful for both of you.
Many people still bottle it though and go with the church because of parents and the paranoia of what people might think of ‘only’ having a ceremony in a hotel.

Do try and keep up pal. I like to move at a top top pace.

In any case, they don’t discuss sex at all in that course, so your original attempt at a joke was factually incorrect. It was a poor effort from you.

I’ve stitched you up like a kipper :joy:

editing your posts, replying to yourself, now explaining yourself…

If this was a boxing match you’d be dead. I’ve killed you on the INTERNET.

1 Like

‘Handout Hartigan’ could be your nickname and all! :laughing:

Resorting to posting my name :joy: Good night Irine … I’m living in your head, rent free.

I’ve even given you a cheap in there…

1 Like

Your actual name is ‘handout’? Unreal prescience from mamma H.

8 Likes

:grinning:

The thing is - and I always find it with these things - is that the older guests generally tend to really like the humanist ceremonies. They find them more personal and less awash with the Fire and brimstone bullshit that was bate into them as youngsters. Elderly neighbours who came to ours said it was the nicest ceremony they’d been to. They’d heard all the other shite for years

You’ve told everybody on here your own name you ape :rollseyes: