Well Fuck it anyway. The Locke dropped a clanger thread

That seems well steep tbh.

It does. Tried a second place and that does indeed seem to be the price for a replacement screen for the model of phone.

Jaysus.

You dont need a OEM screen …its twenty minutes work and 40 in parts. I remember young @Copper_pipe fixing his own
(Is it your plumber who’s fixing it btw?)

1 Like

I bought a grand phone for €220 a few weeks ago. The Chinese government are tracking me now, but swings and roundabouts

1 Like

I went for an a mighty shite around 9am. Smell still lingering around the toilet. I may have blocked the drain. It was an UNBELIEVABLE shit though. One of those biweekly huge ones that clean out the body between the smaller ones the rest of the time.

1 Like

Parents-in-law were out to us for Easter dinner last Sunday. My father-in-law, who is suffering from dementia, decided to go for a root around, as is his wont, out in my garage.

Went out to cut the grass a while ago and no sign of my keys. They normally hang in a key safe in the utility room but, alas, no more.

The Mrs rang him to see if he had them, but to no avail. He obviously can’t remember where he put them and they’re the only set I have. Double locks on the doors.

Curse of a condition, dementia.

6 Likes

I was out for a few pints with the brother last night, then a Japanese restaurant. I must have farted In the night. The smell was so noxious it woke me up. :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Went up to Howth for my tea. Was opening the door of the car to get out when I got absolutely splattered with birdshite all over my hand and the inside of the door and window.

Well fuck it anyway.

4 Likes

EuroMillions jackpot 100m Friday. Granted you may need him to shit on your head for this to work.

Bought a lotto ticket. Didn’t win. :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

An update on the above: Keys found in the boot of his car.

30 Likes

Hes still driving?

2 Likes

After you engaging a locksmith or sawed down the garage door. I brought home the wrong jacket from the pub once and didn’t twig it for a fortnight or so. There was a small bunch of keys in the pocket……

It transpired that a lad got the house door lock changed but had a spare key for the car.
I was persona non grata for a spell but availing of a pint and a chaser whenever we’d meet mellowed him readily enough.

5 Likes

My brother managed a supermarket while he was still single and living at home. One Monday morning at 5 am going to work the ruck started when he couldn’t find the shop keys. Delivery trucks outside the store when he arrived (pre mobile phone saturation) and panic on to get opened up. He had to travel to another employee to get his set. Mother at home turning his room upside down and praying to St. Anthony.
Decision made to change shop locks for security reasons.
1 week later my daughter whom my mother babysat while we were at work hears a recurrence of the woeful story of the missing keys and walks to a cupboard under the TV in the sitting room and produced the keys. She had been playing Shop like her uncle and put them away safe…

32 Likes

I once spent a good five minutes looking for my car and house keys. I eventually realised they were in my mouth.

19 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The absolute luckiest escape I had was about 3 months back. Was in Maccys on princess parkway for breakfast. Got back out to the bike. No keys. Checked pockets, no, checked bag, no, inside helmet and gloves, no, went back into petrol station, no, back into Maccys, no. Then had a thought could I possibly have left them on the tray. Went through the (full) rubbish bin, and there they were. Just about to be emptied too :flushed:

3 Likes

Yes. A major bone of contention, but he’s digging in.

When I was a young lad I locked the grandparents back door and hid the key. They didn’t find it until 2 weeks later when they finished the box of cornflakes.

3 Likes