Wexford GAA 2012

Seems odd. Ryan seems to be very good at selling the dream of being a bit part player in a division 3 squad for a county that hasnā€™t won a provincial title in over half a century.

Always thought Leacy was the most out and out hurling of last years U-21s. Seems I was pretty wrong. Not sure if he will get a game, but we badly need a new centre back, is he the man to fill it? Iā€™d say Jason Ryan would give his right testicle for Oā€™Hanlon, the lads pretty special. Whatā€™s the general consensus of Dunneā€™s management style is he alienating fellas?

Sounds like ye are fairly fucked lads.

I think Sarsfields will win the county senior football championship.

cant say Iā€™ve been hearing great things so far about Dunne, but then its all second hand info and its a different story within the squad Iā€™m sure. it cant be all bad.

They played a couple of challenge games I heard, mainly second string players, beating Carlow and losing to Westmeath, I think it was. They are training and playing a lot the last while, so it seems to be all go with them.

Liam Dunne knows what hes at no doubt.

This whole ā€˜fuck the league lets just try and win a game in the Leinster championshipā€™ stratagem is indeed cunning.

In fairness, we are years behind the main sides in terms of strength and conditioning.

moving him from the half back line to the half forward line clearly had the desired effect :wink:

Wexford Senior hurling team for Sundayā€™s showpiece final.

[font=HelveticaNeue]Martin;[/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue]Devereux, Roche, Rossiter;[/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue]R Kehoe, Stamp, E Moore; [/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue]Redmond, Oā€™Hanlon; [/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue]H Kehoe, Oā€™Keeffe, Lyng; [/font]
[font=HelveticaNeue]Morris, Guiney, Jacob.[/font]

Whereā€™s it on?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

I assume Guiney and Oā€™Hanlon are the two young stars of that team. The half-back Kehoe was center-back for Wexford U-21s last year?

[quote=ā€œcount of monte cristo, post: 637789ā€]
Whereā€™s it on?[/quote]

Nowlan Park on Sunday.

This is Guineyā€™s first year out of minor. Oā€™Hanlon is in his last year Under 21 I think - he was our starting senior full back last season throughout league and championship. Diarmuid Oā€™Keeffe is another younger player - heā€™s only a couple of years out of minor, I think. All these years are blending into each other at this stage. Richie Kehoe has been on the senior panel for a good number of years now so thatā€™s not who youā€™re thinking of. Andrew Shore was our U21 centre back at the outset of last season before heading to the US - heā€™s with the senior footballers. John Leacy would have been centre forward for the U21s last season before moving to centre back when Shore departed and heā€™s the player discussed above who switched to the senior football set up last week. Harry Kehoe was midfield for the U21s last year and heā€™s been on the senior side for the last 3 years too. Actually Willie Devereux and Eoin Moore were corner backs on the U21 team last year too now that I think about it.

Yeah I was thinking of Shore, my bad. Thanks for the info. Our U-21s hammered the shit out of Laois on Monday, so I can only imagine how much yeā€™ll beat them by.

I reckon itā€™ll be close. :o

Paul Morris was corner forward on the U21 side last year also. Much more younger players in that starting side than Iā€™d copped at first glance.

Cork based Ɖanna Martin in goal too - think he plays outfield for Sarsfields down there?

Iā€™d imagine so, although I only saw Sars play once last year and I can only really remember Quigley from that game. Surely you could make a decent half-back out of Martin or are you stuck for a goalie?

Seeing as heā€™s mentioned, Quigley is hamstrung apparently.

I donā€™t think weā€™re particularly stuck for a keeper. None of the options would compare to Fitzhenry for shot stopping but Niall Been was solid last year - strong under the high ball and a good puck out / delivery.

Not even sure Martin regards keeper as his best position. He played full forward for us in 2009 without much success and was half back for UCC.

That reminds me of a Colm Bonnar story that I posted and deleted before. He rang Martin up in 2010 or 2011 to tell him he was dropped from the squad. He told him he hadnā€™t seen enough from him and other lads were impressing at third level too and Martin wasnā€™t hurling enough. Martin replied that heā€™d been on the winning UCC Fitzgibbon Cup team the week before.

Yeah I remember that story when you wrote it a couple of years back. Regardless of whether or not it was true, thatā€™s a pretty retarded thing to say to a young fellow, sounds like some excuse to drop someone rather then actually telling them what you want them to improve on.

Anyway, when I saw him play for UCC he looked like the kind of solid all round hurler a good manager could turn into a very decent half-back or midfielder. Nothing spectacular, but still. TBF it seems like if ye werenā€™t bleeding young lads to football ye would be pretty competitive. Says a lot about Dunn if he is losing players entirely to a football team that isnā€™t even doing well. Has that Waters lad been dropped? Struck me as a liability.

Says a lot about Dunn if he is losing players entirely to a football team that isnā€™t even doing well.

Barely losing a Leinster final due to a freak goal and kicking on to win promotion to division 2 while bringing through as few of the U21 side that won the Leinster title last year is a shocking way to be performing indeed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using TFK App

Not sure what the story with Waters is actually.

Yeah, itā€™s disappointing to see so many talented hurlers with the football set up. Jason Ryan is very good at wooing players whereas Dunne probably thinks lads shouldnā€™t need to be persuaded to play.

Making a bit of an assumption there but maybe Dunne could be more savvy.

The footballers need to deliver an All Ireland title and no less now. Jason Ryan should get chased back to Waterford if we end up getting turned over by Roscommon, Limerick or someone in the qualifiers. It would be sickening if they hoovered up the best young hurling talent and then didnā€™t do anything.