Wexford GAA 2012

I fear for the Faythe Harriers in this weekend’s senior hurling championship clash versus Rathnure, I really do.

Only 3 weeks until both of our senior inter-county teams are in Leinster championship action. Once this weekend’s county championship games are out of the way, I expect posters to be in a position to inform us who’s been “flying in training” based on their chats with knowledgeable hurling/football men.

Love this time of year before we realise that (in hurling) we’re really in with about as much chance as Greece at Euro 2004 (‘there is always hope young hobbit’).

I found this the other day, it could probably do with some updating and a football version now as well.

[left]1 - “I’ll never go again, we’re useless” (in August)

[/left][left]2 - “Jaysus I can’t wait for Sunday, I really fancy our chances” (in June the following year)

[/left][left]3 - “That was the worst ever” (twice a year)

[/left][left]4 - “That was the best game ever” (once every two years)

[/left][left]5 - “We’re going to win the All-Ireland” (after No. 4)

[/left][left]6 - “We just want to be competitive” (after No. 3)

[/left][left]7 - “Those bloody Jacobs”

[/left][left]8 - “Fitzy’s miles better than Cummins/Cusack/Fitzgerald”

[/left][left]9 - “I hear Paul Codd is back in training”

[/left][left]10 - “Sure I suppose we’ll meet in Quinns”

[/left]

Full Time: Faythe Harriers 0-14 Rathnure 1-8. Didn’t see that one coming. :clap:

Anyone have a report on that Rathnure v Harriers game? The ones from home tend to be a little biased.

dunne call in club player for senior trial game.

This headline should read Dunne calls in as many footballers as possible to antagonise Jason Ryan
[left][font=Arial]Padraig Donnelly/Michael doyle(Gylnn).Eoin Doyle/Clive Lawlor/Brian MALONE/(shelmaliers)David doyle/Colm Kehoe(cloughbawn)Ciaran Lyng/ Daithi Waters(st martins)Peter Murphy/Laurence Pendergast/Ben O Connor(oulart)Tomas O Leary/James Foley/(alley)Ricky Fox (rapps)Pj Caroll(Adamstown)John Breen(ferns)Micheal Lills(blackwater)Padge Doran/Brian McCormack(oilgate)Daniel Martin Carill(cushinstown/MichealO Hanlon(horsewood0[b]Emmet Kent/bBenny Travers(naomh enna)Niall Breen(tara rocks)Darren kehoe(bunclody) [b]Shane Roche/b[/font][/left][left][font=Arial]still hes entitled too, he obviously doenst go to Junior hurling games[/font][/left]

Any speculation regarding our likely line-up for the Offaly game? I see we drew with Waterford the other night in a challenge game and the U21 hurlers had a big win over Galway. I’m really not sure if I’ll go to Offaly - it’s an awful place. Kilkenny beat them 6-26 to 1-15 in a challenge match in Clara this evening.

When are ye out against Offaly Bandage and will it be on the TV? Missing anyone to injury?

we are playing offaly in tullamore Saturday June 2nd … the night before the footballers are out against Longford

Wexford available at 2/1 for the game against Offaly.

Very generous considering that we defeated them in the league, albeit with a very late show from Jack Guiney.

We should really be brushing aside Offaly if we’ve ambitions to reclaim our crown as kingpins of Leinster hurling.

I have no specific reasons for it but I’m happier to be facing Longford than Laois in the football quarter final. That’s despite the fact we’ve lost twice to them in the league and they’ll have confidence and momentum behind them. I’d like to think we’ll improve markedly from the league final and we should have learned a good bit about them in the process.

Any news on the hurling squad chaps? Do we have any injuries? Do we have any idea how we’ll line up?

That trial game took place last Friday in Enniscorthy. None of the footballers turned up and going by reports on the supporters site it was a bit of a waste of time. A few players caught the eye but it was played with no pace or intensity.

On the football, I’d have been happier to play Laois. Longford are improving with each game. Would someone who knows or remembers more than me be able to tell me how many of their current team were part of the U21 side we beat in the Leinster final last year? They had 2 corner forwards who destroyed us every time they got possession in that final. Are either of them on the current team? I know yer man McCormack wasn’t part of that side and Brian Kavanagh obviously wasn’t but who’s the other lad in their full forward line?

The Wexford Supporters site amuses me at times. I also read about the trial but was wondering if any of you lads actually knew anything about the squad because the posts were rather funny and went from…“Young Foley was one of the only players to impress…” to “I don’t know what game you were watching because Foley wasn’t even togged out…”

Will Art Foley be writing up a preview of the match, I think everyone on TFK would love to hear his views on it

Its inherited a lot of crazy loons from Hogan Stand but once you can see past them it’s not too bad. Kind of like having 40 different Antos posting.

He’ll do well to better the one he wrote for the Limerick game last year

Could someone please bump that, it was very entertaining

I just have to laugh when you wade in with your Sars or Furlong comments and some go frothing at the mouth with you!

[quote=“Gman, post: 637916”]

I just have to laugh when you wade in with your Sars or Furlong comments and some go frothing at the mouth with you![/quote]

Some people display disappointing reactions all right.

there really is a serious anti Sarsfields agenda there. probably manifested from Jason Ryan back down I’d say