Wexford GAA 2012

Horeswood Sevens

[font=arial][size=2]

Horeswood GAA club, in association with Azzurri Sport, will host their third annual

Seven-a-side football competition on Saturday June 2nd.

Some of the participating teams this year include former Leinster Champions, Port Laoise and Moorefield of Kildare. Also challenging will be the 2010 finalists Arles/Kilcruise (Laois), Palatine (Carlow) and representing Wexford will be Horeswood, Sarsfields and St.James.

Azzurri will again be sponsoring the tournament with a ā‚¬500 voucher for the winners of the cup and a ā‚¬250 voucher for the runners up.

This is the third year of the tournament and the format has changed this year with the number of teams reduced to 12. As in the local championship, there will be two groups of 6 with the top four qualifying for the quarter finals.

Last year produced some great games with the likes of Nemo Rangers (Cork), Rhode (Offaly) and 2010 Champions Graiguecullen (Laois) sending very strong teams.

The first game throws in at 11.30 am with the final scheduled for 5.30 pm. Each game will be sixteen minutes in duration.

A BBQ, beer tent and shop will operate throughout the day.

Admission for the day is ā‚¬5.[/size][/font]

Are St James junior or intermediate these days? I think having teams like them in it really devalues the Horeswood 7s.

But, enough of that for the moment, weā€™re now very close to our senior hurlers and footballers opening their championship campaigns. Please post news, views, thoughts on team selection in this thread.

put away your fishing rod.

Some reading here for anyone interested.

Have only glossed over it so far so not sure about some of the specifics but fair play to all involved for trying to put a proper concrete plan with clear aims & deadlines in place.

Are we under the radar, waiting in the long grass or what? I have no idea whatsoever how our hurling team will line up on Saturday night. Any ideas?

I listened to the Liam Dunne South East Radio interview earlier. I was delighted to hear him slagging off Jason Ryan. Best of luck to the hurlers on Saturday night.

What did he say about Ryan?

Called him a ā€˜mouthy Waterford cuntā€™.

Sounds like a good interview.

Have you heard any team news?

None whatsoever.

Wexford Senior Hurling Team:
Martin
Devereux
Rossiter
St Murphy
Redmond
Oā€™Hanlon
Kenny
Sh Murphy
Lyng
Sinnott
Quigley
PJ Nolan
Jacob
Guiney
Morris

Now thatā€™s fairly radical. Stamp, Roche, Banville, Kehoe x2 on the bench.

harry kehoe on the bench is a strange oneā€¦

id be worried if joe bergin goes in full forward as good as rtossi is, he could just get tossed around

If that happens Hanlon will move back to the edge of the square.

In other new Shore and Andy Doyle are out of the game v Longford http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=170136

Fairly radical change to the full back line from last years team. Hereā€™s hoping the 2 new lads are upto it. I never saw Redmond as a wing back so will be interesting to see how he goes there. If they leave Bergin on Redmond or Kenny he could be liable to take either of them to the cleaners under the high ball. Good to see Gizzy in probably his most influential position and Quigley back at 11. I like the look of the half forward line for a change which is good to see. Plenty of scoring potential in the full forward line but the 2 corner forwards wonā€™t be ones to battle for dirty ball. Once we havenā€™t resorted to lumping high balls onto Guineys head by the 40th minute as our only attacking option then Iā€™ll be happy enough.

By my count itā€™s 7 different starters from the Kilkenny game last year - Martin, Devereux, Murphy (x2), Lyng, Guiney, Morris with at most 3 starting in the same position as that day - PJ Nolan, Jacob (he may have been the other corner) & possibly Quigley (he may have been midfield). Donā€™t think anyone can argue that Dunne hasnā€™t shaken it up. Hereā€™s hoping theyā€™ve improved from the league and can give a good account of themselves. I donā€™t expect them to win but thereā€™s always hope :guns: :guns:

Is that the intermediate team?

Yes Dunph, thatā€™s the intermediate team

It is a weak looking intermediate team. I hope your seniors are better.

I suppose they couldnā€™t be any worse than your attempts at banter

They have a lad they poached from Tipperary playing corner back for them

Was he any good during his time with Tipp? Canā€™t say I know much about him.