Wexford GAA 2012

He only ever played Football for Tipp at senior level I believe. Hurled under 21 for Tipp 5 year ago

Offaly[font=Georgia][size=4]: James Rigney; Derek Morkan, David Kenny Ā©, David Fracks; Diarmuid Horan, Rory Hanniffy, James Rigney; Conor Mahon, Kevin Brady; Joe Bergin, Colin Egan, Brendan Murphy; Shane Dooley, Cathal Parlon, Brian Carroll.[/size][/font]

[font=Georgia][size=4]offaly wont be half bad.[/size][/font]

Who are the U-21s?

Dunne has a nice little pop at Ollie Baker towards the end of that interview. If we get beaten badly on Saturday heā€™ll look like a bit of a fool with some of the stuff heā€™s come out with but hopefully that wonā€™t happen!

What did he say about Baker?

Said he was a bald cunt

That isnā€™t having a pop, it is more stating a fact

Questioned how much he really wanted the Offaly job as heā€™s a passionate Clare man at heart, or something along those lines

Thoughts on the Wexford Team:

I think our forwards look dangerous but Iā€™m a little concerned about our defence. I presume Darren Stamp is injured and I donā€™t agree with the selection of the Tipperary native. Richie Kehoe hurled excellently for Faythe Harriers in the two recent club championship rounds and I would have thought he could play wing back with CiarĆ”n Kenny reverting to the corner (where heā€™s been solid for us before).

Willie Deveruex is a good player but his lack of height could be targeted. Dooley also has a big fat hole that he might use to lean into him but I guess Stephen Murphy might mark him in any case. David Redmond has often hurled very well at wing back for Oulart but has been fairly inconsistent overall for Wexford. Thereā€™s also the possibility he could switch positions with his club mate Shaun Murphy though. Not sure about Oā€™Hanlon at centre back but he should be able to do a reasonable and unfussy job holding the centre. Stamp, however, would considerably strengthen our defensive unit in my opinion.

Lyng is hurling as well as ever apparently and heā€™ll be very important for us in midfield. Eoin Quigley is also meant to be ā€˜flying in trainingā€™ and has been displaying good form on the challenge game circuit and it would be nice if he rediscovered his very best form in the championship. Garrett Sinnott was very good in the championship last season but mainly playing full forward (0-4 off JJ Delaney in the first half in Wexford Park) but he didnā€™t show any form in the league - again, heā€™s hopefully picked up his form in recent weeks. Guiney and Morris have earned their chances by virtue of their displays in the league and we carry a scoring threat with them and PJ Nolan and Rory Jacob. Thereā€™s also a good mix of size, mobility, strength and skill in the forward lineup.

I guess the fact that we have options on the bench is also a positive. Overall, I think we should give Offaly a good beating.

One thing that struck me about the hurling team and the inclusion of Stephen Murphy was that Liam Dunne devoted part of his autobiography to giving out about the inclusion of an outsider in the Wexford squad in 1996 (that lad from Galway - Turley, was it?) at the expense of players like his brother TomĆ”s. But TASE has convinced me of the need for everyone to be flexible in their views and Liamā€™s position has obviously changed in the meantime. This lad better play well at the weekend though because itā€™s not just that heā€™s not from Wexford, he joined the fucking Martinā€™s. Cunts.

Why arenā€™t you online Bandage? I want to discuss something with you.

My chat function isnā€™t working.

Edit: It is now.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 637932ā€] I never saw Redmond as a wing back
[/quote]
:rolleyes:

When can we expect Artfoleyā€™s prematch thoughts?

Will rocko please put it on the front page when it is posted

Theyā€™re probably wanting Oā€™Hanlon to pick up Bergin going on how well he played on him in the League after being switched out to mark him out of it. Bergin was doing loads of damage on Leacy before that. Oā€™Hanlon marked him out of the game in 2nd half leading to the big comeback in the end. Hope it goes well for him there.

Offaly were miles ahead of us that day and we absolutely robbed them but thatā€™s the league and to be fair to Dunne he has tried out a fair few players since the start, something Wexford havenā€™t really done fully in a long time.

His interview was class. Certainly stuck it to the footballers anyway. I was disappointed in part reading the Wexford Action Plan that nothing was mentioned about getting rid of the football altogether. Shocking that that game will get the same money and time invested in it as the hurling.

Jason Ryan will be on South East Radio this morning at 11:15 answering questions about Wexford football of late and about Liam Dunneā€™s request trecently for CiarĆ”n Lyng, Brian Malone to join the hurlers.

Thereā€™s a real turf war goin on here.

are malone and lyng really that big a loss to the hurlers?

No but if they were playing hurling the whole time rather than their time being taken up by this football theyā€™d be decent additions. Malone was always good anyway, Lyng can be so so. Both going well in club games apparently.

id rather be a starter on the football team at present than riding the bench on the hurlersā€¦

thats just me however, im lucky enough to be talented enough to be commanding in both codesā€¦

:strokechin: