Wexford GAA 2012

And likewise with the lads defecting to football, sitting on the football bench.
I was an excellent footballer in my day too but that was because itā€™s such an easy ā€œgameā€ to play.

As insightful as always. Also, reply to your text messages :guns:

As I mentioned yesterday if the hurlers lose on Saturday, dunne is going to end up looking rather foolish. Was good to hear him speaking in the lead up to the game but his media skills still leave a lot to be desired. I can see the football thing being a continued issue for him and something heā€™ll feel the need to blame when results donā€™t go his way regardless of performance.

Lyng and Malone have been first choice on the football team for the last 4 years at least and have been approached by other managers without any success. Does he think he can just click his fingers and the lads should come running to him? A similar approach to his bizarre calling up of footballers to the trial game a while back. Did it cross his mind at any point to individually contact the players involved?

Iā€™ve a lot of time for the man and respect what heā€™s trying to do. His stance on club games is admirable and should have long term benefits if kept but some of his other ideas and things heā€™s done make no sense. I hope it works out for him as we all want a strong hurling team.

I know Dunne is naming Lyng and Malone but it must be irking him more that Shore, Leacy and Chin have opted for the football panel rather than the hurling one. Shore is by no means a sure starter on the football, Chin might start Sunday (weā€™ll know soon enough) and God knows whatā€™s up Leacyā€™s hole.

He doesnā€™t think he needs to just click the fingers and the lads will come running. He was dead right to ask whoever he thought was doing well in the hurling in for a trial game or oppurtunity to get on the hurling team/panel. He wasnā€™t forcing them. Much like Ryan offered lads the opportunity in the football panel and team if they so wished.

Why would Dunne look foolish if they lose on Sunday? Has he said itā€™s guaranteed or itā€™s a cert we were going to win???
Said theyā€™ll give it a fair crack and he has faith in the lads there.

All three are better hurlers than footballers (well Leacy 50/50 maybe) so too right it would be irking him.

[quote=ā€œPikeman, post: 637962ā€]
He doesnā€™t think he needs to just click the fingers and the lads will come running. He was dead right to ask whoever he thought was doing well in the hurling in for a trial game or oppurtunity to get on the hurling team/panel. He wasnā€™t forcing them. Much like Ryan offered lads the opportunity in the football panel and team if they so wished.

Why would Dunne look foolish if they lose on Sunday? Has he said itā€™s guaranteed or itā€™s a cert we were going to win???
Said theyā€™ll give it a fair crack and he has faith in the lads there.[/quote]

Quotes saying how heā€™s trained em all year with this game in mind. Theyā€™re in better shape now than they have been all year. Heā€™d no need to come out and say anything as most people had no expectations prior to the interview but afterwards will expect us to win if not go very close. Talking up our chances while making a snide comment about the opposing manager is not really needed in my opinion.

It may all work out but its not the first time Iā€™ve questioned how heā€™s used the media and its unlikely to be the last. Iā€™ve yet to see it work for him yet.

I think you have to factor in the feelgood factor that Ollie Baker has brought to Offaly hurling. He is a real outgoing, enthusiastic and charasmatic man and you can be guarenteed the players will run through walls for Ollie and his superb interpersonal and man management skills

:lol:

A manager quoted as saying they had the first round of the championship in mind all year??!! Seriously?
Team are in better shape now than they were a while ago (after all that training and matches)??!! Again, seriously?

He will lose face alright.
Nothing wrong with a manager trying to instill a bit of belief in the team and it supporters in the week leading up to the game (thatā€™s being played away so trying to attract as much support as possible).

His comment about Ollie probably wasnā€™t needed but again was spot on.

Jason Ryan was just on the radio. Pretty boring interview. Said itā€™s up to players themselves what game they choose to play and has no difficulty with anyone asking lads if they wanted to play hurling.

He said our defence is going to be watertight this weekend too.

Heā€™ll look foolish is it isnā€™t so.

Mac is looking foolish here trying to find fault in Liam Dunneā€™s comments when he was spot on with everything he said.

Mac, perhaps youā€™d be better off trying to wind people up on the Wexford Supporters forum.

I hope for certain peoples sake that Liam Dunne is the victorious manager on Saturday evening. Otherwise things could get ugly

Nah, I wouldnā€™t like to interfere with your work over there.

I thought the football team was supposed to be announced this morning?

Jasonā€™s waiting on a few hurlers to get back to him

He would want to sorted it out alright Pikeman. Time to accept that were a bit shite in defence and play an extra man back. Wonder what he wil do with centre back? No way David Murphy has the legs anymore to follow Paul Barden around the pitch. Adrain Flynn has played there before, but is a bit loose. Would he be tempted to try Chin or Leacy there?

heard flynn scored five points in challenge against fermanagh from centre back.

my guess

masterson
N. murphy
molloy
tierney
chin
murphy
flynn
quinlivan
waters
red
bradley
morris
lyng
banville
brosnan

i hope im wrong, i wuoldnt have morries or tierney on it. is mulligan on it still saw him play once or twice this year and he seemed decent enough, ill expect bandage to give me a nice and biased opinion.

we seem light in defenceā€¦ no replacement for molloy should anything happen.

any word on the following; wadding (apparently going well for the fintans); n murphy bannow; is he fully recovered?

[quote=ā€œcount of monte cristo, post: 637975ā€]heard flynn scored five points in challenge against fermanagh from centre back.

my guess

masterson
N. murphy
molloy
tierney
chin
murphy
flynn
quinlivan
waters
red
bradley
morris
lyng
banville
brosnan

i hope im wrong, i wuoldnt have morries or tierney on it. is mulligan on it still saw him play once or twice this year and he seemed decent enough, ill expect bandage to give me a nice and biased opinion.

we seem light in defenceā€¦ no replacement for molloy should anything happen.

any word on the following; wadding (apparently going well for the fintans); n murphy bannow; is he fully recovered?[/quote]

You think heā€™d drop Malone?

yes?

shite, no i dont think so, knew i was leaving someone out. malone for tierney.

apologies