Wexford GAA 2012

Well fuck that anyway.

I thought we were a good bit better than them yet conspired to lose it. They outscored us 2-9 to 0-2 for a spell either side of half time but didn’t actually outplay us to do so. It was fucking weird. We missed a shitload of chances and gave up some naive concessions. A goal from a 21 yard throw in. FFS sake. The subs were good as a group (especially Eoin Moore) and we finished strongly. It’s quite sickening really.

Wexford actually better off losing to Offaly today than Galway the next day.

As regards advancement in the qualifiers, its better to lose at the quarter final stage than the semi final. Wexford are in with Limerick, Antrim, Laois, Carlow & Westmeath now. They’ll have one possibly two games, (which unless they draw Limerick), they should emerge from.

Would then face one of the winners from the qualifiers involving the beaten provincial semi finalists for a place in the All Ireland Quarter Final.

Plenty of positives for Wexford to take away from that

We expected to win a provincial title though Jeff pal. We’ve actually suffered in the past because of that ridiculous glitch in the structure having won our opening game but lost the next one. Hard to be excited after losing to these primitive weirdos.

I mentioned in the thread the other day that Dooley’s fat hole could pose problems for young Devereux and so it proved. But with Carroll roaming I expected Rossiter to be given or demand the responsibility of picking up Dooley. How many Wexford games do we have to watch him being the spare man / sweeper.

Pretty cuntish call by the umpire for the throw in that led to the goal. Although he may have warned Eanna beforehand. Still it was maybe six inches outside at the point of striking and I`d say it happened more than once during the game.

I find Sexton to be a shit referee.

But not as shit as the rte commentators. Mulcahy is fucking awful. He’ll look at a replay of a foul and still get it wrong. eg the slap on David Redmond that led to Guiney`s goal. The RTE mongs seem to think it was for a trip by David Kenny.

Anyway game should’ve been over at half time if we’d had a bit more composure and hadn’t got the match ups wrong at the back. As pointed out above a loss tonight gives an easier route than losing the next day due the farcial nature of this competition so gives us a chance to win a couple of games and have a cut off a losing semi finalist.

Fucking Awfully Ffs sake.

The Tipp lad at corner back looked a long way short of being an I/C hurler

Hardly a surprise, if he was any good the Tipp lads would be complaining about him leaving.

Back in Dublin already and too annoyed to go for pints. Expect a long rant within the hour.

Strange one alright. Played very well for his club in second round of the championship but completely lost composure at one point tonight and generally didn’t look comfortable. Kind of missing a centre back when Stamp isn’t fit.

Stephen Murphy played wing back though. All the expected lineup changes were made at the start. O’Hanlon back to full back, Rossiter to the corner, Stephen and Shaun Murphy the wing backs, Kenny into the centre, Redmond and Quigley in midfield, Gizzy to wing forward and Sinnott leading the attack.

Sure there were positives - O’Hanlon, Eoin Moore’s display when he came on, Redmond in midfield, Gizzy being back, Paul Morris looking the part and some excellent second half support play in very difficult conditions. As mentioned, all the subs made a positive impact and the defensive unit that finished was our best or close to it with Stamp and Richie Kehoe in there too.

We were just a little bit naive and were fairly unlucky in truth too. We also didn’t help ourselves - we probably didn’t start with our best team, we shouldn’t have left Rossiter as spare man in the first half with Devereux on Dooley, we spurned several very good chances and we gave up some sloppy scores through naive play.

It’s sickening to lose to them though. The referee was a simpleton too. Why didn’t you travel up Appendage?

What was the craic with gizzy timidly hitting a few harmless balls wide across the goal? At least 3 times and very unlike him. Almost as if he didn’t want to score.

We’ll benefit more from losing than winning as already said. A hammering from galway would be no use to us.

The football match tomorrow is really irrelevant now, isn’t it?

A terrible day for Wexford GAA all round with no Wexford team going beyond the quarter finals at the Horeswood 7s. Arles defeated Sarsfields in the quarter final and Portlaoise were the eventual winners defeating Moorefield in the final. Forum member Horeswood 7s will have the full results in due course.

Sickening loss today! First question, why the fuck did Eoin Quigley take that sideline that led to Offaly goal? Gizzy is one of the best in the country at it, and I’ve never ever seen Quigley take one before, it wasn’t like Gizzy had to go back to the full back line, it was in midfield FFS.

Shaun Murphy a nice hurler, but for a physical battle like that, he’s simply not an option, looked like a little boy out there really. The other Murphy, Stephen, is very limited! Fair play to Dunne for trying new things but couple of calls just didn’t work.

Leaving Willie Dev on Dooley was ridiculous as Bandage pointed out, Rossi was the free man with Carroll roaming, why not let Dev be the spare man!

Plenty of positives tho, some of the play when we were on the comeback trail in the 2nd half was very good, support play was brilliant. In the first half even, there was some very Good scores got! Thought PJ Nolan and Morris were the best of forwards.

Hope the god the draw will be kind to us, win 2 games, get a bit of confidence up and let us have that ‘one big scalp’ that Wexford used to be accustomed with!

Another thing, Gizzy missed a very score able 1-2, Guiney missed the 65, PJ hit a bad wide off his left, we dropped a few balls short and Sinnott and Murphy hit 2 no hopers wide as well. Really, we should have been out of sight at HT.

Welcome back to TFK Gav. I forgot about the first goal coming from Quigley duffing the lineball. Two really poor and very preventable goal concessions. Very frustrating indeed.

Cheers, I promise a bigger input in the future!!

Yeah 2soft goals, that umpire needs a good kick, I can absolutely guarantee it happened more than once, and it always does.

On Quigley, I think his time is up as a county hurler, he hasn’t got back to the level he was at (which to be fair, wasn’t very high) since his injury. He scored the best point I’ve ever seen (vs Kilkenny, 06) but I think his time is up. I can’t remember him actually striking the ball today.

Don’t really rate Ciaran Kenny, but that was a mighty hit on Bergin! Fair play

Is this what the Wexford GAA Thread has become :frowning: ?

Are Wexford worth a bet at 4/6 here?