Wexford GAA 2012

He surely did Gman. But it wasn’t even a foul and should have given a free out for over carrying.

that would never happen though. 30 seconds left, a point down, the ref will always always give a free in. no matter how weak it would be, it is a certainty. as shite as it is, we shouldnt have let them have the opportunity.

The turn over at the end was symptomatic of how we play. It’s too slow and ponderous. Defensively we’re very weak. Would think that for the amount of time Ryan has those lads that he’d have them organised at the back.

[quote=“Gman, post: 638078”]

didnt think he even reached the penalty box appendage? didnt think it was a free, but refs will always give them, and it was our own fault for fooking up with possession and not keeping it properly.

thought there was extra time too.

usual issues though against defensive sides, we just dont look like we can break them down. inside forwards making runs, but players not letting it long into space. eliminates the opposition funneling back.[/quote]

Really? I thought the forwards’ movement and failure to even try to create space was absolutely shocking. An absolute malaise. What is Ryan doing with them? What are the tactics? Why are we so naive? Why do we allow teams to have so much space? Utter shite.

It’s hard to make these moves bandage and create space when the opposition play 12 men inside their own 50. If Wexford were to replicate these tactics it probably would have ended up 0-02 apiece.

Some of the scores Wexford got from play were top quality, but due to Longford’s blanket defence and clogging up the middle that’s what it was taking to just get a score.

It’s very worrying though that we seem wide open to the counter attack, and our wing back line are getting caught up the field and if we are to play this way we have to at least pressure the ball as its kicked in. Because there was a lot of un-pressurised ball being played into their forward line, and so much space in there the Full-Back line were on a hiding to nothing and left totally exposed.

our forwards would make a run, player with the ball looks, and instead of giving it, handpasses it sideways. the knock on effect is that it all bottles up around the middle with all players on top of each other and the forwards looking like numptys.

[quote=“Gman, post: 638084”]

forwards looking like numptys.[/quote]

That ever happen you Gman?

Nah if we play 2-2-2 with everyone in the central channel then we need players making runs into space. They didn’t do that at all.

It must be tactical to only move late but the point is that we need players moving earlier to drag defenders away. That creates passing lanes so to speak. But no wonder we move the ball so laterally when the forwards don’t work hard to make space.

I thought that was pathetic today.

I was lucky the other forwards around me looked worse…

Replay down for next Sunday at 4pm in Tullamore - Carlow v Meath will be on beforehand at 2pm.

Can’t see many travelling to Tullamore for a 4pm kick off when Ireland are playing Croatia that night

[quote=“Appendage, post: 638081”]

The turn over at the end was symptomatic of how we play. It’s too slow and ponderous. Defensively we’re very weak. Would think that for the amount of time Ryan has those lads that he’d have them organised at the back.[/quote]

Agreed. How long did Daithi Waters want to get down on the ball before giving possession away? And then not shouldering the Longford fella out of play was weak as fuck. Thought it was a free mind you.

FFs, I thought it was going to be in Portlaoise on Saturday?

Just back from Croke Park and pretty disappointed. Some terrible turnovers today, we were really poor coming out of defence, just too slow. We kept giving the ball away under very little pressure, their penalty being a case in point, a nothing pass straight to a Longford man, next thing goal. Very frustrating stuff to watch. Molly had an uncharacteristically poor first half, standing off Kavanagh way too much. Improved though as the second half went on. I though the runs out of the inside forwards weren’t great either, very static at times. Malone did well enough at centre back on Barden and Panther got some great scores. Inside Red look sharp when he actually got the ball and the midfield went well enough.

I hope the fuck the replay is not on in Tullamore.

Just watching the dire Fermanagh Down game on BBc now, and Keenan was sent off for Fermanagh for the very same thing that Paul Barden did in the game earlier, punch off the ball into the stomach. Exact same action, 2 very different reprisals.

Time for Jason Ryan to fuck off. It’s hard to articulate what an arsehole this lad is. A posturing, posing absolute tit. Let’s get Wexford people managing Wexford teams instead of mercenary pricks out to get their €300 twice or three times a week.

Typically dour Ulster Championship fare

Classy

Racist.

[quote=“padjo, post: 638094”]

Classy[/quote]

Open your eyes. FFS.

What about Jason stopping players he’s taken off as they’ve come off the pitch and making a huge point of hugging and speaking to them? As the actual game is going on around him. An utter posing prick. Go way back to Waterford you clown.

Waterford is full of poofs. That’s well known