Wexford GAA 2012

When was the last time we beat Cork in the senior hurling championship? Weā€™re rank outsiders for Saturday evening but at least we avoided a genuine contender like Clare and are playing one of the lesser counties whoā€™re at a similar level to ourselves.

19 and 56.

Well said, what odds are ye to win? Might put some money down.

I think our 1-7 lineup is almost certainly to be the following:

Martin;
Moore; Oā€™Hanlon; Rossiter;
Stamp; Kenny; Kehoe.

I would like Rossiter to mark Horgan. Even if that means following him to the other corner and moving away from his favoured left corner back position. No fannying around, no leaving a more inexperienced defender to take their most dangerous forward (see Devereux / Dooley) and Dunne should make sure this happens. Moore would be more suited to one of Corkā€™s lighter corner forwards whether itā€™s Coughlan or Oā€™Farrell and Oā€™Hanlon can take Oā€™Sullivan.

I wouldnā€™t mind Richie Kehoe playing centre back and Kenny going to the wing. Who are Cork likely to have in the half forward line: Lehane, Cian McCarthy, Cronin? I think our 3 actually match up decently with these lads in terms of size, athleticism, filth. Iā€™m bored now and might think about what way we should lineup from midfield onwards tomorrow.

There would have to be a possibility of Niall Mac starting Iā€™d say. One possibility would be for Cronin to go back to midfield then.

Lee Chin should be hurling midfield for us on Saturday but heā€™ll instead be playing some no mark football game.

Wexford
[font=Arial]Martin; [/font]
[font=Arial]Roche Oā€™Hanlon Rossiter; [/font]
[font=Arial]Kehoe Kenny Stamp; [/font]
[font=Arial]Redmond Lyng; [/font]
[font=Arial]Guiney Sinnott Oā€™Keeffe; [/font]
[font=Arial]Morris Banville Jacob.[/font]

[font=Arial]A couple of surprises here. Paul Roche back in for Eoin Moore. Roche has been injured for a lot of this season and I would prefer us to have gone with the younger Moore - maybe heā€™s injured?[/font]

[font=Arial]Banville is back in after playing well against Rathnure in the club championship last midweek. He hasnā€™t really been a factor in league or championship to date but theyā€™ve perhaps been influenced by Cork not having a settled full back?[/font]

[font=ā€œArialā€][color="#333333"]I think Jack Guiney has looked a bit jaded in recent games between senior and U21 but PJ Nolanā€™s broken hand leaves a spot open. [/font]

[font=ā€œArialā€][color="#333333"]We could have a number of positional changes from midfield upwards.[/font]

Sub list suggests Eoin Moore is fit:

[size=3][font=Arial]Mark Fanning, [/font][font=Arial]Eoin Moore, [/font][font=Arial]Stephen Murphy, [/font][font=Arial]James Tonks, [/font][font=Arial]Shaun Murphy, [/font][font=Arial]Harry Kehoe, [/font][font=Arial]Eoin Quigley, [/font][font=Arial]Liam Og McGovern, [/font][font=Arial]Aidan Nolan, [/font][font=Arial]Willie Devereux, [/font][font=Arial]Paudge Doran.[/font][/size]

Happy enough with that team with maybe the exception of Sinnott, he hasnā€™t hurled well at all since against KK in Wexford Park last year. Think PJ is a big loss, although he wasnā€™t scoring much I taught his work rate was very good.

Do we have any chance at all? Offaly had them on the ropes for 60mins and had the beatings of them, but like the Wexford footballers vs Dub, didnā€™t know how to finish them off.

Were you at the Cork/Offaly game Gavin.

Wouldnā€™t at all be keen on the dropping of Moore and think Guiney should have been left on the bench. Not sure about Banville either so a bit dubious about it. Of course, whoā€™s the say that 15 will actually start?

Wexford Junior B Football Championship:

Sarsfields 0-12 Clonard 0-5.

Come on to fuck! :clap:

Wexford
Masterson,
Tierney, Molloy, Malone,
Flynn, Murphy Ā©, Chin,
Waters, Bradley,
Roche, Byrne, Brosnan,
Banville, Lyng, Barry.

Whatā€™s the chances thatā€™s the starting 15?

Ffs sake. Some scutter. Were useless but still had ample chances to level it. Why Byrne didnā€™t fist it over the bar. And masterson cost us 3 points at least with kick outs and messing. Even the goal Iā€™m not sure what he was at. Poor display, no determination in it. Some players were good, but some were awful.

Why didnt the ginger pele start?

Eric or big boc? Eric hasnā€™t been going great IMO. Byrne did well again when he came on. Red kicked his frees well too.

O Hanlon badly exposed there

Gizzy :clap:

Shocking from Martin

We can win this handy if we cut out the stupid errors. All forwards bar Paul Morris have scored from play I think. Best Iā€™ve seen any Wexford team play for a while. They need to believe they can win this.