Wexford GAA 2012

That was under Bonnar. None of the players wanted to play for him by that stage and that showed badly against Limerick alright.

A simple thing but Dunne has the finger on the pulse with club games, more than an outside manager would anyway. A few players seem to be picked on club performances more now perhaps, than just on how they had performed for years in the Wexford jersey. Likes of Paudge Doran being brought into the panel, Banville getting a shot again, prob Richie Kehoe too. Setting up trials and the like for lads outside the panel.

Forward steps anyway as to what was going on in years previous.

Intercounty teams need to be on gym programmes in November and it takes 2 preseasons for this to come to fruitition.John Allen taking over Limerick has inherited a team that was well drilled and conditioned under O Grady.They are beginning to see the results now.

Wexford have some very talented players but they do not have the fitness or physicality of any of the remaining teams left in the championship.It is something they will have to address.

Having said all that, but for the concession of a dubious penalty and the decision of Eoin Quigley to shoot rather than offload moments earlier.That 6 point swing could have turned the game on its head.Wexford county board should concentrate its energies on hurling now.It has to be attractive for youngsters in Wexford to play hurling for their county again.They need to copy the template that Limerick and Clare have done.

Whatever about collective gym programmes surely players at that level are aware of the conditioning they need to be Iā€™m to compete at that level? Canā€™t understand why the likes of Rory Jacob and Keith Rossiter to take two experienced players couldnā€™t have gone years back that they were going to set their own standards and aim to compare themselves to the likes of Jackie Tyrell and Eoin Larkin or whoever.

if kevin kehoe gets the football (which isnt vacated as yet) then ti will be the death knell for wexford football.

weā€™ll see the influx of killian kehoe, a big lad but not good enough for that levelā€¦it will work out well for the hurlers as kehoe will drive away anyone with a hint of dual aspirations.

Looking within the county are there any club managers up for the job?

John hegarty was involved a good bit his year, what are the chances of him getting involved? brendan kehoe would be a good option as trainer.

Ouch. Fair point

Our minor hurlers have drawn Galway in the All Ireland Quarter Final. Venue is Tullamore on Saturday, 28 July.

what the fuck was Spratt going on about 2 weeks ago that we got the Ulster winners? should have known better I suppose.

As for the games at the weekend, pretty much all been said at this stage. Footballers were poor. Flynn and his wild shooting, lets hope Dean goodison doesnt rate him too lowly this week. At least he has time to work out where to put his man of the match crystal award that finally arrived last week. Twitter and facebook should be banned with players and stupid people. When those 2 factors are the one person, it is carnage. I think Ryan will go too. With the whole expenses and funds debacle in the co board, I cant see them keeping him on, and Iā€™m not sure he will have the heart again. Too many times we cant rise for what may be perceived as lesser teams. I was talking to Appendage after the game and he was making the point that the players look so stifled and are afraid to hit long passes and move it quickly. It was so obvious, especially at points in the second half, when we had the ball around half back.centre field, and all that would happen was aimless handpassing from side to side rather than a long cross field ball to space. The less said about Masterson the better. Cost us 3 points, and arguably a goal too, although the defence certainly didnt help him there.

Its disappointing though, especially with a good team.

As for the hurlers, its a bit odd that most seem happy enough to lose to an average side by 10 points and concede 3-24. I suppose there are good points out of it, and some lads look good and played well in spells, but a good team would have beaten Cork. To be honest, Iā€™m sick of Dunne moaning after every game about the GAA and about how everything is against him. But he has brought on the team a lot from where it was, so hopefully with a full pre season to work with, some more players to add in, we can step up another level next year. I had written off this year as a development year, so its hard to be overly disappointed. As long as it keeps improving, thats the main thing. Iā€™d hope he doesnt fuck about with the league next year though.

Hopefully now we get 2 good open senior championships and a few more players might stake a claim to be included in both squads for next year.

Agree with most of that Gman. How good are our footballers though? I reckon we have a mixture of some very good players with average enough ones. We also make some fundamental errors on a regular basis and make things very difficult for ourselves. Ryan has embedded a distinct style on the team, even though itā€™s fairly open defensively. I was also unfortunate enough to be in contact with Appendage on Saturday too - ā€˜over complicated things to the point of paralysisā€™ was his comment on Ryan. Iā€™ll be glad to see the back of him*. I think heā€™s been positioning himself in the media for his next job anyway. Nice guy Jason and all that.

• Ryan, not Appendage.

Jason Ryan on The Sunday Game today after appearing on Championship Matters on Thursday night. :rolleyes:

George Oā€™Connorā€™s interview with the official GAA site is rather good. :clap:

This is Part II of II:

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/3/2407122028-legends-george-oconnor-part-2/1/

Colm Heffernan of Faythe Harriers has been dropped from the minor hurling team. :rolleyes:

Pick him in his best position of wing back for fuck sake. Our wing backs got cleaned out against Dublin.

Full Time: Sarsfields 0-9 Shelmaliers 0-7.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Full Time: St Anneā€™s 4-10 Fethard 0-8. 4 goals for Redmond Barry.

Fethard in turmoil this week.

Lost all games theyā€™ve played as far as I knowā€¦

Sent from my HTC Desire S using TFK App

:rolleyes: they played more than 2 you know.

I was factoring in the under 10 hurling and football ah well, but in truth the could have won one game this weekā€¦

:rolleyes: probably best not commenting count. there were plenty of games on this week and wins from U14/16/18/junior and other underage teams. not every game we play is only against ye cunts.

Just the ones ye lose then? :popcorn:

Ah apologies gmanā€¦nice to see ye won some games this week.

:shakefist: cunts!