Wexford GAA 2012

Minor Latest: Galway 2-14 Wexford 0-4.

It’s not half time yet. :o

Lost 4-20 to 2-11 I believe.

Heffernan on at wing back after 17 minutes today. Ah here, no point going on about it. Look at the papers next week to see the clubs involved. Played Conor McDonald corner forward for the first half too - looks to me one of the best target men we’ve produced in years.

yup. sounded like a load of shit. heard bits of it on radio and followed some of it on twitter. To be honest, I cant say I am overly surprised. Its a shame alright, but as bandage says, the usual bullshit with these minor teams of favoured players and lads out of position still seems to happen.

Full Time from Wexford Park: Faythe Harriers 1-19 Shelmaliers 1-11. I think the Wexford senior hurling championship title is coming home to Wexford town. Good brand of hurling, wide spread of scorers, solid defence.

HT: St Anne’s and Oulart tied at 0-7 apiece. 5 points for David O’Connor.

2-3 from play for Des Mythen in first 10 minutes of second half. 2-14 to 0-9.

:o

Where is he playing?

Midfield but just switched into full forward. Only the Harriers can stop this Oulart juggernaut.

Was standing by the turn at Tower Bridge when my friend came back and said she’d seem some guy (a bollocks probably), wearing a Fethard St Mogue’s jersey.

One of you skulking over here Gman?

Faythe Harriers progressed to the county U21 hurling final courtesy of a 3-11 to 0-7 semi-final victory away to the Rapps in Bellefield tonight. :clap:

St James through in division 1 dispatching Naomh eanna on a score of 1.15 to 1.11

Sarsfields were already through to the senior football quarter finals prior to yesterday’s 1-12 to 2-9 draw with Castletown. Only rank indiscipline and letting boggers rile them up will stop the Wexford town collective from winning the championship.

:clap:

Quarter Final draw:
Sarsfields v Gusserane;
St Martin’s v Horeswood;
Castletown v Kilanerin;
St Anne’s v Shelmaliers.

My tips in bold.

TASE no doubt will set up a thread for this later and rightly so

Umpire banned for racist outburst

By Brendan Furlong
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
An umpire accused of making racist comments during a Wexford GAA match has been handed a 26-week ban.
The St Joseph’s club in Wexford town wrote to the county board seeking an investigation into alleged racist abuse of their player, Eddie Lawlor, by an umpire during a county junior football game.

County chairman Diarmuid Devereux said the allegations were fully investigated by the Wexford Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) and added that the umpire involved had already resigned from all activities in the association in the county.

The findings follow a similar investigation into racist comments made to Wexford senior football and hurling star Lee Chin.

Chin, who plays senior football with Wexford town club Sarsfields, was racially abused and referee Brendan Martin carried the matter in his report. Two Duffry Rovers players were each banned for two months.

“The first incident was new to me, but the second incident rocked me,” said Devereux.

"We are tarnished, shamed and embarrassed that this would go on in our association.

"If another incident comes before me the book will be thrown at the club.

"All I can do is commit to using everything within our powers to deal with such incidents.

"I apologise unreservedly on behalf of Wexford GAA to the players and their families, on behalf of the county board and officers.

"I say once again, that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

“I want that message to go out to the players and the clubs of the county.”

The chairman said the GAA in Wexford was and would continue to be open and inclusive.

He said the CCCC findings into the St Joseph’s request supported his stance that incidents of racist abuse will not be tolerated.

Lawlor also revealed he has been the victim of racist comments about the colour of his skin for many years.

“I have been used to this my whole life,” said 32-year-old Lawlor, who is happy that the issue has been highlighted.

"I’m going through this my whole life. I just put up with it and said to myself that they’re ignorant people but it’s wrong for youngsters.

“I have two younger brothers and I don’t want them to have to put up with it,” he said.

"I think it’s wrong for youngsters to have to put up with it.

"When I was younger I didn’t understand it when people made comments.

"At the time I was the only coloured fella in the town.

“As I got older, I just tried to ignore it.”

Looks like the multicultural inclusive nature of the Wexford town clubs is rattling a few cages

Wexford GAA = the shame of the GAA.

Shameful and embarrassing but at least they are highlighting it and trying to stamp it out.

I know that umpire involved too. He is and always was a pure gobshite of a man.

I bestrode the Wexford Albion midfield in the early 1990s and Eddie Lawlor was a very tricky wide player for us.

The incident was widely covered in the local press a few months ago and the umpire resigned from the GAA on the back of it. Presume it’s being highlighted again now because i) the suspension has been formally announced and ii) Brendan Furlong has written an article and sold it to the national press to get a few quid for himself.

WEXFORD SAYS NO TO RACISM.