Wexford GAA 2012

:o Say it ain’t so

Football quarter finals on the weekend of the 25th/26th. Last round of hurling group games this weekend so I imagine the hurling quarter finals will follow on the first weekend of September.

Turenne = John Terry

I can’t believe someone would criticise a County Board for banning a racist. Shame on you Turenne.

[quote=“Monkey Allen, post: 638401”]

Turenne = John Terry

I can’t believe someone would criticise a County Board for banning a racist. Shame on you Turenne.[/quote]
+1. Wexford GAA is obviously fine. The problem seems to be with Wexford people.

Fair point, I take back my comment.

Wexford people = shower of racist cunts

Better lads?

No, the victims have been Wexford town’s Lee Chin and Eddie Lawlor and the perpetrators have been non-Wexford town boggers. THIS IS NOT A WEXFORD TOWN PROBLEM.

Kiltealy doesnt count, and Oylegate/Oylgate/Oilgate doesnt even know how to spell its name so its pretty obvious they’d be a bit dim too.

Nowhere in the Scalder district counts.

Glenbrien actually.

and that’s how that to spell that correctly? :ph34r:

The umpire at the centre of a race storm in Wexford has given his version of events.

Alec Ryan (73) was handed a six-month suspension after racially abusing St Joseph’s player Eddie Lawlor but he had already resigned from the GAA before the punishment was handed out.

He says in The Wexford People: "I have stood beside goalposts for the past 38 years, receiving all types of abuse, and there was never a word about it.

"It was a slip of the tongue, no malice was meant. I don’t hold any grudges against him.

"In hurling and football, one is called all sorts of names. It was just a slip of the tongue, there’s no bitterness there.

"But what annoys me is that there was not a thing about him calling me names. That’s annoying, although I accept I was wrong in what I said.

“But people like me, acting in a voluntary capacity as umpires, are called all sorts of names and nothing is done. That’s annoying and not healthy for the GAA.”

Senior Hurling Group A was concluded today and Buffers Alley have crashed out of the championship.

Results:
Faythe Harriers 2-13 Ferns 1-16.
Rathnure 0-16 Buffers Alley 0-11.
Shelmaliers 1-17 Glynn-Barntown 2-10.

Faythe Harriers top the group with Shelmaliers, Rathnure and Ferns also progressing to the quarters. I didn’t envisage this outcome when I watched the Alley easily defeat the Harriers in the opening game back in May.

Group B finishes up tomorrow. Oulart are guaranteed to top it so they’ll play Ferns but the other places are still down for decision.

Result from Wexford Park: St Anne’s 5-14 Rapparees 3-15.

The Rapps are out as Adamstown have beaten St Martin’s…did those cunts from Piercestown throw the game to get the quarter final match up they wanted what with Group A finishing yesterday?

Oulart were leading Cloughbawn 2-13 to 0-13 a little while ago.

Oulart won 2-14 to 16 pts.

Annes were 5-11 to 1-9 ahead 15 mins into 2nd half so presume they just took the foot off the gas towards the end?

I genuinely wouldn’t put it past the Martin’s losing that to avoid Rathnure. They’ll play the Shels now instead.

Group B finishes as:
Oulart 10
St Anne’s 5
St Martin’s 5
Adamstown 4
Rapps 3
Cloughbawn 3

Some going from Adamstown to make the quarters (assuming no dodgy Martin’s stuff) and a lovely draw for the Harriers. :clap:

Harriers v Adamstown
Shels v St Martin’s
Rathnure v St Anne’s
Ferns v Oulart.

How good was Ned Buggy lads ?

Very good

Thanks. I was in the company of a Faythe Harriers man in Croke Park who said Bandage was “no Ned Buggy”

Ah that’s like comparing apples and oranges. Bandage is a south paw for a start. And Buggy was an athlete par excellence. Bandage relied more on his guile to prise open defences.

Lots of similarities I suppose. Well not really except they resided in the same estate for 20 years.

Did Buggy ever get all his teams scores in a county final?