Wexford GAA 2012

[quote=“ClarkeyCat, post: 638438”]

Driving to Carlow at about half three if that’s any use to you?[/quote]

It isn’t any use to me.

Senior Hurling Quarter Final Results:
Oulart-The Ballagh 1-25 Ferns 0-17 (AET).
Rathnure 2-21 St Anne’s 3-15.
Faythe Harriers 1-16 Adamstown 0-10. :clap:
Shelmaliers 2-16 St Martin’s 2-13.

So the Shels beating the Martin’s is the relative shock. Gas given the Martin’s losing their last group game was suspect and allowed them to avoid Rathnure. They had a man sent off early on and were as much as 2-14 to 0-9 down at one stage in the second half.

Jim Berry hurled very well for the Harriers today apparently.

Faythe Harriers v Rathnure
Oulart-The Ballagh v Shelmaliers

Jason Ryan is no longer the Wexford senior football manager. Rejoice. :clap:

Tony Dempsey for the gig :clap:

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 638443”]Tony Dempsey for the gig :clap:
[/quote]

+1.

Could he combine the Sarsfields and Wexford jobs?

Five seasons that saw Wexford grow in stature on the Intercounty landscape, time for a new voice in the dressing room.

I’d prefer an outsider to be honest. Would love Boylan but can’t see it happening.

Some great days out under Jason but probably time he went. Things were starting to look a bit stale tactically. Wonder is Kevin Kehoe lined up to replace him?

Hopefully not, he’d be an absolute disaster.

I wonder if there is money to bring in an outsider to coach the side?

Tommy Carr has been linked with the team on a few occasions in the past. I’m hearing Val Andrews being linked as well but he can stay the fuck away.

Tommy Carr and Val Andrews? The only people happy with those appointments would be the die hard hurling fans. Is Glen Ryan staying with Longford for another year?

Tommy Carr? Val Andrews? Sean Boylan? Hurling is set for a surge in popularity in Wexford it seems.

Wexford need Wexfordmen managing them

Why do you thinks this croppy? He and his back room team have done pretty well with the U-21s the last two years.

Yeah but when they’ve fallen down it’s been for the same reason as the current crop of seniors, they can get the ball to midfield but there is no attacking strategy at all.

If Wexford want to progress as a football county then they need to invest now. Chatting with a couple of people ‘close to the team’ last weekend they reckoned that there were only 6/7 of the players properly putting in a full effort while the remainder were club players making up the squad.

Either way this should see the end of the road for Morris and Boccy, maybe Murphy but I think he’ll give another year.

I’d like to see a young enough manager drafted in, not a mercenary like Andrews, O’SĂ© or O’Dwyer.

[quote=“padjo, post: 638451”]

Why do you thinks this croppy? He and his back room team have done pretty well with the U-21s the last two years.[/quote]

Senior intercounty football and U21 are two very different animals

A senior inter county squad is together for at the very least. Ryan seemed to be a very good man manager, there rarely seemed to be too much disquiet in the camp.

He paid attention to detail, meticulously, if implemented new training regimes. He made a huge effort with fundraising.

Kevin kehoe is a dinosaur in this respect, he and his backroom team through away the U21 against Dublin this year.

They did win a Leinster title but with what was truly a remarkable team, they didn’t bring anything new to the table. The only reason I could see them being considered would be to bring some of that U21 team through. Still I think it would be a huge step back.

A young manager would be preferable. But we were so lucky with Ryan, we will not get that lucky again.

Panther has just tweeted that it has, has, has to be an outside manager. (He used has that many times). Says no one in the county is good enough. His future depends on it!

Looking in from outside I reckon that Jason Ryan’s departure is the end of Wexford as any kind of a football force for the foreseeable future. I expect the arse to completely fall out of the set up and that within a very short space of time Wexford will be back in their usual place as a minnow - ie Division 4 and two and out in the championship following two heavy defeats.

We live in hope.

:rolleyes:

I hope Luke Dempsey gets the gig. Just to sicken that cunt Bandage. The way he hounded a decent man like Jason Ryan out of a job was beneath contempt.