Wexford GAA 2012

Half Time: St Anneā€™s 1-5 Sarsfields 0-4. St Anneā€™s have played against a very strong wind in the first half. :guns:

In funnier news, Buffers Alley have been relegated to Intermediate hurling. Glynn-Barntown came from 10 points behind to defeat them in the relegation final. :lol:

Full Time: St Anneā€™s 2-12 Sarsfields 0-7. :frowning:

The Anneā€™s will play the winners of Castletown and St Martinā€™s in the county final.

Half Time: Castletown 2-9 St Martinā€™s 0-3.

that finished 3-12 to 2-9 I think it was.

Alley being relegated? wouldnt have thought that at the start of the year.

Tom Dempsey lives in Glynn Barntown apparently so they clearly had some inside track on the tactics that the Alley were employing,

Was at the semis yesterday in the park.

Sarsfields were unable to deal with Red in any way, shape or form. The Annā€™s did the hard work in the first half and kicked for home with ease in the second. Lee Chin looked a bit out of the game at wing forward. Kevin Gore was good in midfield for Sarsfields, if he lost a little weight he could be an option for the County team.

Castletown pummeled the Martinā€™s I left when they got their third goal early in the second half and apparently they took their foot off the gas before that. Holmes was class and they just seemed to have a better game plan and mroe fight. The Martinā€™s just looked happy to be there.

Shocked nobody has posted yet Congratulating our amazing Camogie Team on their 3 in a rowā€¦

are you carryharry?

I did in the Sunday Game thread. But i will do so again now, well done Wexford ladies. :clap:

Iā€™m sure you attended the celebratory party, please feel free to post up any pictures you have of it.

Camogie isnā€™t part of the GAA so wouldnā€™t belong in this thread clg.

In huge news for the forum and I s impending away day to the intermediate football final, please be advised that the game is put back to October 6 in New Ross (concrete jungle, dreams are made etc) @ 2 o clock.

Full Time: Faythe Harriers 0-19 Rathnure 2-9. The Wexford town side are through to the county senior hurling final. :clap:

Oulart and the Shels getting underway at 5.30pm.

Any word of c football manager?

Any names even being bandied about?

Darren Stamp announced his retirement from inter-county hurling over the weekend.

Oulart won the second semi-final on Saturday night by a scoreline of 2-19 to 1-11 against the Shels. Mick Jacob (out of favour) and Shaun Murphy (recovering from illness) only appeared as substitutes and Rory Jacob was held by Brian Malone but they still racked up quite a tally. David Redmond and Garrett Sinnott did most of the damage apparently.

The Harriers half back line of Emmett Keeling, Richie Kehoe and Lee Chin gave them the platform to win the opening semi-final. I know Iā€™m repeating myself but we need Chin in the county hurling set up next year - heā€™s a good footballer but heā€™s on another level when it comes to hurling.

In the big game of the weekend, Horeswood defeated Fethard by 1-12 to 0-4 in the New Ross District Junior D football final.

:clap:

OilOylOylegate into the Intermediate hurling final against Bunclody trying to make a quick return back to senior.

Didnā€™t hear that about Darren Stamp. Pity as he has a lot to offer still. Any reasons given?

Faythe Harriers v Glynn-Barntown in the County U21 Hurling Final today.

Faythe Harriers 1-13 Glynn-Barntown 1-10. :clap:

What a magnificent victory for the Wexford town side. A splendid game of hurling augmented by several outbreaks of violence throughout, according to my source at the scene.

The same management as the senior set up and theyā€™ll move on to the senior final in 2 weeks. A number of players in both camps too.

Go won da Harriers. :clap:

According to Twitter a new Football manager has been appointed, but their identity has not been revealed yet :strokechin:

Whoā€™s Twitter?

Heard a few name being bandied about, one excellent candidate.

JS? Wexford Ambassador - @wexfordintouch has reported it. But they also tweeted an FBI 10 most wanted list for Wexford with a link to local councillors earlier today so maybe I shouldnā€™t read too much into it.

Huge game on Sunday for us, a quick return would be fantastic and no doubt the celebrations of 2010 (which are still going on in some parts of Bunclody) would be revived. Come on the Halfwayā€¦