Wexford GAA 2012

Lambert returned to the senior football team in 2005. Himself and Fogarty ran rings around Ciaran Whelan and Shane Ryan only for Jason Sherlock to bail Dublin out with 10 minutes left. Twas the same day Red scored the goal from a rebounded penalty in front of the Hill.

thats the lad…remember playing against him on the pitch up the back of enniscorthy many moons ago…couldn’t get over the nickname… :lol:

[quote=“Mac, post: 638599”]Lambert returned to the senior football team in 2005. Himself and Fogarty ran rings around Ciaran Whelan and Shane Ryan only for Jason Sherlock to bail Dublin out with 10 minutes left. Twas the same day Red scored the goal from a rebounded penalty in front of the Hill.
[/quote]

Forgot about that. We went 4 points up on them early in the second half that day too before losing - same pattern as in the 2010-12 games against them.

that was the day the firework just missed Red barry when he took the peno…

Exactly. With the amount of peroxide in his hair at the time he was lucky he wasn’t killed…

St Anne’s are playing some crowd from Longford away from home this weekend. I believe the Wexford champions have maintained their training regime since their county final success and have properly targeted a run in Leinster, as opposed to fulfilling the fixture and embarrassing themselves.

What are Starlights (ridiculous name btw, whats the deal with it?) like lads? I see they’re up against Emo (or as they’re known down those parts, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamo) of Laois this weekend.

Emo would be a decent outfit, hardy fuckers back in their day but for the past 25 years or so had the legend that was Mick Lawlor playing for them so there was always the joy in watching him play which made it easier watch them. They’d be gone from that a bit now, some tidy little footballers to go along with the likes of Paul Lawlor, Darren Strong and the great Billy Sheehan.

Mick played all the league for them this year, and played well too, must be 40 if he’s a day, but suffered a bad injury during or before the Div 1 final against Portlaoise and hasn’t returned since which was a shame.

Decent enough. Were senior champions at some point in the last 10 years. They’re the main football team in Enniscorthy. Starlights are the football arm while Rappares are the hurling arm. They were relegated to some surprise a couple of years back and fairly sure they’ve come straight back up now. I’d say their main aim was to get back senior so not sure how bothered they’d be with a run in Leinster.

Also, congrats to the Good Counsel (not Council) on their Junior team beating that shower of cunts from Kilkenny yesterday :guns: . Any win by a Wexford school in hurling over Kierans deserves a mention

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 638606”]
What are Starlights (ridiculous name btw, whats the deal with it?) like lads? I see they’re up against Emo (or as they’re known down those parts, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamo) of Laois this weekend.

Emo would be a decent outfit, hardy fuckers back in their day but for the past 25 years or so had the legend that was Mick Lawlor playing for them so there was always the joy in watching him play which made it easier watch them. They’d be gone from that a bit now, some tidy little footballers to go along with the likes of Paul Lawlor, Darren Strong and the great Billy Sheehan.

Mick played all the league for them this year, and played well too, must be 40 if he’s a day, but suffered a bad injury during or before the Div 1 final against Portlaoise and hasn’t returned since which was a shame.[/quote]

Starlights beat up in intermediate final.

Good from half back line up…full back line is a bit dodge…

Good player centre back, midfield centre forward and full forward. Play a running based game with short 20 to 30 yard kick passes…

[quote=“Mac, post: 638607”]

Decent enough. Were senior champions at some point in the last 10 years. They’re the main football team in Enniscorthy. Starlights are the football arm while Rappares are the hurling arm. They were relegated to some surprise a couple of years back and fairly sure they’ve come straight back up now. I’d say their main aim was to get back senior so not sure how bothered they’d be with a run in Leinster.[/quote]
Same as Emo so, who went down last year and bounced right back. They seem bothered but not sure they have the quality, home advantage will help.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 638609”]

Starlights beat up in intermediate final.

Good from half back line up…full back line is a bit dodge…

Good player centre back, midfield centre forward and full forward. Play a running based game with short 20 to 30 yard kick passes…[/quote]
Cheers, I feel like I should pass that onto someone from there :strokechin:

Is Hudson still playing for starlights?..

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 638606”]
but for the past 25 years or so had the legend that was Mick Lawlor playing for them so there was always the joy in watching him play which made it easier watch them. [/quote]

25 years??..did he not play for Round towers in Dublin once upon a time??.. :strokechin:

[quote=“scumpot, post: 638614”]

25 years??..did he not play for Round towers in Dublin once upon a time??.. [/quote]
I’m trying to recall, I know Tom Kelly was up there as was Greg Ram and someone else, did Mick pick up a cheque too, the mind is hazy. Fair play to them :clap:

i think he might have went for a year and legged it back when cheque cleared… :lol: :lol:
Ramsbottom was class for towers…

[quote=“scumpot, post: 638616”]

i think he might have went for a year and legged it back when cheque cleared… [/quote]
Same as Tom so :lol:

Who was Towers Chairman at the time :strokechin:

not sure…i know there’s a fella called delaney who used to be involved out there…a name like that would suggets a laois connection…think kelly was there for a bit longer than a year…