Wexford GAA 2016

First item on the Alan Corcoran show was the poor performance of the Wexford hurlers. Now Guiney leaves the panel. When we are hockeyed by Clare at the weekend Dunne may gošŸ˜€

Maybe so. Not sure Furlong has that much influence though. Maybe Iā€™m only looking at it through my own eyes, but most people I see are giving out about Dunne the whole time and saying he should go. And then you have this, regardless who has fault and most I would say reckon Dunne is the issue for Guiney leaving, without knowing the full story.

With regards to that, I mean it is odd in that a player who left last year, and then comes back, is named starter and then quits. He can quite rightly do whatever he wants, it still doesnt make it any less odd.

Furlong actually hated Dunne in the past.

When Meyler was ousted and it was mooted that Dunne. rather than Bonnar, take over the senior side he was completely against it, in private admittedly.

Brendan Furlong signs off his column today with:

ā€œDunne needs his full hand so perhaps the critics (locally) - the majority of whom contribute so little positively to bring Wexford hurling to a better place, but prefer the back seat with negative and personal attacks - can have a rethink.ā€

Great to see Brendan railing against negativity, settling scores and snide attacks. :clap:

1 Like

The man is a genius. :clap:

FYI Information: It was Brendan who informed me of the death of Ayrton Senna on Sunday evening 1st May 1994 over by the tunnel leading to the old dressing rooms in the corner of Wexford Park. I was standing there with my brother waiting for whatever club teams to emerge from the dressing rooms for some early summer Wexford championship action when Brendan appeared and said, ā€œLads, Ayrton Senna is dead.ā€ It was a great shock to me.

2 Likes

Is it true that Dunne kept the players on the pitch for a bollocking for up to ten minutes after the game? Do you expect a backlash this Sunday? (Game is the deferred one on tg4)

If handing bollocking out to teams after matches won something Limerick would have won as many All Irelands as Kilkenny.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, pal. They went over to the far corner of the pitch to commence a warm down as I was making a hasty full time exit.

I heard he tore into themā€¦ Do the player (or anyone) have faith in him?

Nobody that Iā€™m aware of.

1 Like

So in true Wexford fashion, ye will beat Clare at the weekend. @Joe_Player is extremely worried about a backlash.

I think ye could win sunday

No chance of us winning Sunday.

I think Iā€™ll skip this Sundayā€™s game having attended the Dublin and Limerick capitulations. This team needs to woo me all over again.

They could bring Stephen Nolan back for that so.

Please, Larry O is the king of the pick up line no matter how much Nolan is charging for it.

1 Like

JJ Doyle or Tom Mullally for senior manager post ? Preferably Frank Flannery ?

on a related post about Guiney leaving the panel, the aforementioned poster above has written:

you literally couldnt make it up. The lad who tags guiney on facebook with his posts then says social media should give him a break.

1 Like

Here now, just because he tagged Guiney doesnā€™t mean heā€™s pals. Probably some lad who said hello to em once and then said heā€™ll be ā€˜palsā€™ with him on Facebook.