Wexford GAA 2016

Its the Walsh/Welsh/Welch Cup mate.

1 Like

Shame to see a forum heavyweight promote two pox on the rural game today…club amalgamation and alcohol in the one picture… for shame…

But kudos on the ??? (Qs?) Business sport.

1 Like

Paddy Kehoe has died at the age of 92. Think he was the last surviving member of the last Wexford team to win a Leinster Championship in 1945 and apart from Art Foley and Ned Wheeler the only surviving member of the 1955 All Ireland Hurling winning team.

I am afraid of ye there will be a backlash from last week

Welcome to last week.

1 Like

Clonard got 12 training last night. Willie Carley jr. over them. May field a team.

CLARE TEAM

Don’t be worrying. They’ll kick the fuck out of our lads.

I don’t know about that bud. Have ye all the club guys back

Probably will but then again there’s not a whole lot of them to come back, best lads were on the bench last week. Will miss McDonald but from what I’m hearing Dunne has lost the dressing room. Unless they go out and play for themselves like they’ve nout to lose I seriously doubt Clare will be beaten.

Have it on good authority that Ross Dunphy is over the PT for Laois hurlers. Was over Ferns last year.

Christ that’s a revelation.

1 Like

Our season will be over by 21 February. A new low.

I’m not looking forward to the whole country seeing Clare demolish us on deferred TV today

Andrew Shore, our most consistent half back in the last 2-3 seasons has been named full forward today. If he ends up playing there Dunne should be just marched straight out of the park

I wouldn’t be concerned about trying stuff out. I wouldn’t be over emphasising Store’s contribution either.

We’ve a paper thin squad. With Morris, McGovern and McDonald injured to one degree or another he has to improvise.

Another horrible first half performance what is Dunne and Cushe at? Tactically we are a fucking joke. Why did we not have 6 forwards in the 1st half. Clare free man cleaned up and I won’t be congratulating our lads for digging in either that’s a given at this level.

The tactic of having a two man full forward line completely isolated against 3 or 4 defenders is baffling. Especially as it has failed miserably every time it’s been tried.

In Wexfords last 7 games their only goals were yesterday’s penalty and a goal against Westmeath. So no goals from open play in last 6 games v top eight opposition. Yet in large parts of these games we have had only two forwards inside the 45, with the half forward line also playing deep. With such a shocking stat you’d think management would be working on how to create more goal chances, instead we seem to be getting even more defensive.

and it would be one thing if we were scoring a heap of points to make up for the lack of goals, but we are still stuck hitting over 14 points or so per game.

Who’s the man for the job?