Wexford GAA 2016

Teege

Thatā€™s Whacker Ryan to you.

1 Like

Iā€™ve the game recorded off TG4 but donā€™t know if I can bring myself to watch it based on what I read here and reports elsewhere? Was there anything encouraging to take from the game?

Who went off with an arm injury?

Shaun Murphy

Was it broke?
Looked pretty bad

dont know. Not sure what the issue was if it was shoulder/arm/collar bone. Looked bad alright though.

A good manager will stick by his principles. Heā€™ll be proven right in the end.

a good manager or this manager?

Save yourself the hour and a quarter, nothing happened bar a nice point from Duggan and another from Browne in the last 10 minutes. The camera man missed the first two scores from play and the foul for the penalty

1 Like

Iā€™d love it if we went with 7 forwards next time out.

Watch it, pal. I was somewhat heartened by the display.

I think the season can be salvaged.

Iā€™ve read a few comments where it mentioned we showed ā€˜great heartā€™. Its disappointing that this type of stuff gets highlighted as it should be the minimum we expect. Its become a thing that if we manage to play Cork, Clare, Limerick, Tipp, Waterford, Galway, Kilkenny or Dublin and not get hammered then its perceived that the team have done well and ā€˜battled hardā€™. Ridiculous stuff.

Great heart, fuck off.

As previously stated on this thread, that is a minimum requirement for all GAA teams never mind inter county teams.

Our management team seems to think you have to pick 15 players and give it hell unfortunately this isnā€™t the case. There has to be, at least in broad strokes, a plan. A plan which plays to our strengths.

We need to assess our strengths and play to them we have not done this consistently this decade.

Itā€™s unbelievably frustrating.

Maybe watch it up until the 65th minute.

Positives for me were James Breen (tight/tidy), Aidan Nolan (first senior game where heā€™s really looked at home), McGovern (ā€œbattled hardā€ in an under strength forward line and won a lot of possession/frees against a top player in Pat Oā€™Connor) and David Dunne (his pace and ability to get into good scoring positions looks promising).

It was a bit helter skelter in the shit conditions and the game was littered with mistakes (donā€™t look at the 3 or 4 give away points at the death) but I wouldnā€™t be as forlorn as others. There was a hint of some cohesive play amidst all that. I think we should give Paudie Foley a chance to nail down centre back and we looked better with Liam Ryan back in the corner. Hopefully Shaun Murphyā€™s injury isnā€™t too bad and the likes of David Redmond returns for the next game.

I wonder if the players and management can clear the air, like Galway did last year during/after an underwhelming league, and put in a big effort for whatā€™s likely to be the managerā€™s last year. Itā€™s not beyond us to beat Dublin in Leinster.

If ye stick at it and work hard ye might be able to join us on the ā€œmoral victoryā€ level in a few years.

Jesus its been a long time since we could even claim one of those

Thereā€™s a theory on hurling from Wexford that full forwards should be centre backs. Maybe it also works the other way around?

Eh, he plays club hurling in Dublin, dumbass.

No he doesnā€™t, pal.