Wexford GAA 2016

So were we bad bad

Clare are fucked

1 Like

Is that James Breen (Adamstown)?

Yes.

Played football last year.

what are ye so

Are you sure dumbass? There’s been no mention of that locally.

:rollseyes:

You’re on fire tonight Kid. Sew it into them.

1 Like

I’ll not believe these allegations until I see it written by Brendan Furlong. I’ll gladly tip my cap at @glasagusban at this point.

Wexford are playing Longford tonight in the Leinster U21 championship in Enniscorthy.

King Kev in charge again?

No it’s David Power, Kevin is in charge of the minor’s this year

Big Dave, I think our manager, John Nolan, is a selector …

Apparently Longford have been good at minor recently and we’re 2/1 outsiders despite being at home. Is it a help or hindrance that the senior manager is in charge of the U21s and a lot of the players are with the senior squad? We did quite well in that tournament run by Laois in recent weeks and a group of them were also on last year’s Leinster Junior winning side. Team according to Wexford People is:

Turner (Crossabeg)
Barden (Fethard) Rossiter (Fintan’s) Vallejo (Geraldine’s)
Doyle (Ballyhogue) Rossiter (Rosslare) Donohoe (Shelmaliers [C])
Hughes (Kilanerin) Malone (Shelmaliers)
Nolan (Shelmaliers) Carty (Taghmon) Power (Fethard)
Shanley (Fintan’s) Roche (Sarsfields) Ryan (Gusserane)

Jamie Carty (Martin’s) is on the bench after a bout of appendicitis but would have been one of the main attackers.

Worth a flutter despite not being familiar with the opposition?

I think @gman may be in a better position to advise.

We do seem to have a lot of senior players involved

That does seem a strong enough team, 7 or 8 getting regular game time with seniors this year. Must be worth a bet at 2/1.

Longford have tended to be formidable at this grade in recent years, and only lost out to Cavan by a point in the Hastings Cup semi final. I’d be wary enough of them from a betting pov FWIW.

I find this highly questionable but he may be attending training sessions with Judes.

The fact there was no mention of it in the local area coupled with my sources lack of insight on the issue only makes me more dubious.

What’s your source?

Yeah, think they won Leinster in the last 2-3 years and have been very competitive aside from that - we narrowly beat them in the final in 2011. But we’re at home and it looks a decent Wexford team so I’ve had a modest bet on us.

In typical Wexford GAA twitter account fashion, the scoreline went from 0-1 apiece to 2-0 to 0-3 to Longford. Now it’s level at 2-1 to 0-4 according to the simpleton at the controls.

1 Like