Wexford GAA 2016

YEah, heard heā€™s a bit negatove on the line, but then again it must be frustrating for nay man to influence a new system and see it fall apart.

Is it simply zonal defensive schemes which basketball coaches bring to GAA?

I was under the impression Sherlock is an offensive coach with Dublin

Probably more disciplined based systems too rather than having every half back bombing forward all the time.

I think Mark Ingle was the basketball coach the dubs brought in, was meant to work on their defence?

1 Like

You are correct, I take it back Jackie (hi Jackie).

Yea he is meant to be working on defence, didnā€™t see much of it against Carlow, but early days yet. Heā€™s not cheap either, itā€™s one of the reasons they ran that Cube thing, to help pay his wages

Well they always run somethingā€¦

It will take time to see results with a system like that,

I dont think we play a style where every half back is bombing forward every time to be honestā€¦

It was a broader comment I was replying to based on your original question rather than just specific to Wexford.

Fair enough.

I would like to have a look at the conditioning games they are using in training to implement this system, sounds interesting.

Harriers ainā€™t fuckin around this year. Telling the boys not to play football. Got a lad in from Inistiogue over senior team.

Tip: Sarsfields to get relegated.

who have they got in?

I heard a Mullally but really not too sure. Leave it with me.

dont know any Mullallys from the Rower. Maybe Tullogher or Glenmore?

Youā€™re thinking of Mullally who was over Mt. Leinster Rangers. Donā€™t think itā€™s him.

no, I just dont know any Mullallys from the Rower/Inistiogue but I know/know of several from Tullogher and Glenmore. Thats all. Sure fire up who it is when you find out.

1 Like

My bad, the mans name is Ger Morrissey.

1 Like

that name is vaguely familiar.

When are the draws taking place?

Havenā€™t heard anything. County board are taking the piss big time though at this stage.

Sarsfields will not be relegated. Donā€™t be daft.

The two Murphyā€™s, Howard, Mulligan, Chin, all playing hurling, no football. Might get them for a relegation final.