Wexford GAA 2016

I fail to see why games are played in New Ross in January when Belfield, Ferns and Wexford Park have all weather surfaces.

Did you drive to the game pal?

Sure what harm if they make shit of the pitch, better to save the other ones

Inter-county hurling in January is fairly pointless anyway.

A proper pre-season with matches starting around 14 Feb would be grand.

That makes sense, so unlikely to happen.

I didn’t drive, pal.

Davy Fitzgerald and Donal Óg Cusack were in attendance. Is scouting upcoming 1B opponents in the Walsh Cup taking their management brief a bit too seriously?

Some boys just love to watch hurling mate. Are Offaly still shit?

I’m not sure how many they’ve tied up with colleges but they weren’t up to much. They were fairly physical and have plenty of height but still a few fatties. Only 1 point from play and Dooley missed a couple of straightforward frees. Colin Egan was winding on anything/anyone that moved in his general vicinity.

Is Colin Egan the midfielder cum footballer? I think they only have a handful missing, less that 5 to, colleges and mostly wouldn’t be of note really. Think the manager played hardball with a few tasty lads who weren’t willing to commit to his madness. Despite our retirements and injuries I’d be hoping we can keep our foot on their throat next month in Tullamore.

They’d play practice games against each other if these competitions weren’t on so what harm?

Have we any chance of beating the corporate gym monkies or are we doomed to failure under the lights of Croke Park ?

I think that’s he alright. He was pulling late and high throughout but young Joe O’Connor sickened him with a quite wonderful shoulder in the second half. That said Liam Ryan might been sent off by another referee for a frontal charge/shoulder to the head of some chap running through.

When is the Croke Park game and what time likely? 5pm?

1 Like

Set for 5pm sport.

What date?

the 30th it’s a precursor to the first round of the Dubs football league

Next Saturday. Curtain raiser for Dublin v Kerry.

1 Like

Thanks chaps.

My attendance next Sunday is in doubt. How are ye fixed. I see ye have that lunatic sounding basketball commentator on board :smile:

Steady as she goes. Got a snipping against DCU but drew with Dublin and beat IT Carlow. A lot of lads need to step up this year after a successful Junior Championship campaign to the All Ireland Semi final where they were beaten by Kerry.

Hello there, pal. We have two mainstays in Ciarán Lyng (hip) and Daithí Waters (ankle) expected to miss a large portion of the league after operations. Some doubt about the ability of Graeme Molloy to continue playing too (knee) - a knowledgeable man told me he’s been advised to call it quits. It seems to be a happy camp though - we’re an inexperienced group but quite enthusiastic and Big Dave Power is a great guy.