Wexford GAA 2018

Who are the DCU players - Did they play yesterday?

cc @Bandage

Iā€™m struggling to recall Chin having ever been involved in anything dirty on the field be it club or county. Probably hasnā€™t even picked up many yellow cards despite being targeted a lot. Seems to have a great temperament and his hurling has improved an awful lot in last couple of years since he started to concentrate on it fully.

Not reacting to anything other than a change in his general approach. May have nothing to do with Davy.

But most likely does

Itā€™s hard to pick who is more defensive, Limerick or Wexford lads

From listening to the Walsh Cup Final on radio, it appeared a number of KK players tried to ā€˜get atā€™ Lee Chin to provoke a reaction to get him booked or sent off. Iā€™d expect a lot more of this given how pivotal he is to Wexford. He strikes me as a calm unassuming character so Iā€™d imagine heā€™s well able to take it (am sure heā€™s had to deal with worse growing up given his background) but itā€™ll tell a lot about him.

1 Like

Its definitely not us anywayā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way itā€™s Limerick you gowl. Absolutely no way at all.

1 Like

:brendanback:

1 Like

but when you make statements about players that dont stack up with what they actually are, then of course you are going to be corrected on it. Chins approach to me (and obviously many others) has not changed at all with a hard man attitude. I honestly dont see where you got that at all. If you had mentioned say James Breen from last year as being like that, then yeah, Iā€™d agree with that. Or even Matthew O Hanlons change in approach when he was marking Wally Walsh last year, but that seemed to me to be a one off based on 2 lads who knew each other very well and trying to mentally out psych the other.

You also seem to think that Davy is teflon with regards to getting criticism on here. I think youā€™ll find that there are plenty of critics of him, more so once the club scene comes back around and weā€™ll have the same shite again. He was also not immune to criticism in the wake of the Waterford game and events leading up to that and after and the rumours of his leaving etc and playing the field wasnt going down well either.

But they have started well and are playing well. Thats all you can ask for now. The knives will be out soon enough, there is no need for the moment to be sharpening them.

2 Likes

Racking up 2-20 away from home against Waterford defies the critics who say weā€™re too defensive.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very defensive post

fuck off, Iā€™m not defensive, you are.

But they do stack up.

Noted by other non wexicans as well.

But sure time will tell.

Even though I hardly ever actually revel in it, I do get an awful lot of ā€œI told ya soā€ moments on here. So weā€™ll see

Smart reply aside, I was surprised how many long distance points we knocked over yesterday. Has always been a weak point of ours. Albeit the wind was strong but itā€™s encouraging to at least see lads attempting them

I gave a little synopsis of the DCU playersā€™ involvement earlier this morning on this thread, mate.

1 Like

So a couple of fringe players were used twice in a weekend by Davy. Thatā€™s astonishing to get so much playing time on that particular weekend

I dare say he was trying to finalise his squad for the league and championship challenges ahead and giving inexperienced lads some game time in a high intensity and very competitive Walsh Cup decider. As a manager whoā€™s led teams to victory in the Fitzgibbon Cup, National Hurling League and All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship his track record shows heā€™s very skilled at managing these competing demands.

Iā€™ve saved that one

I was just reading Marie Croweā€™s piece with the retiring Conor Ryan. He explained how Davy took him from being a less heralded member of the U21 side and the fringes of the senior panel to being the centre back on an All Ireland senior winning team in less than a year. Another smack in the face for those claiming Davyā€™s set ups donā€™t bring about player improvement and development.

1 Like

Did I hear somewhere or am I imagining it, that David Redmond has recently retired?