Wexford GAA 2018

I loves me county.

4 Likes

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/281281

Lads getting too big for their boots already down in Wexford & this after winning the Walsh Cup :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I see Kevin Doyle is spending his retirement pitching in with the under 20s. 2 Adamstown lads on the management getting him to help out whatever way he is able to. Will bring a bit of publicity to it if nothing else.

It’ll be a very tough grade this year tho. With dual players effectively ruled out and any under 20 in the senior set up ruled out, considering how young our senior team is, it leaves very little to pick from.

What would yee do with Conor Mac lads? He seems a shadow of the player from a couple of seasons back. He’s trying to put himself around the place more from the games I’ve seen this season but his confidence seems shot. The goal chance at the end last night summed him all up. Needless hesitation and then a weak enough shot. 2 seasons back, that would have been buried.

I know the game plan may not suit him but he has far too much talent to be just waiting for high balls to be launched in while he’s double marked. Or is he just the type of youngster with a great career behind him?

5 mins after typing this he’s just walked past me limping badly :astonished:

The walk of tired legs rather than injured legs I’d say

For the second goal effort, the slight pause before the tentative strike seemed to indicate a lack of confidence. I understand he’s out on the field practicing/training every waking hour and it could be a case of the old cliches - trying too hard and putting too much pressure on himself.

Teams pay him very close attention and the system with 5 forwards doesn’t play to the strengths of a more traditional inside forward with significant aerial prowess but lacking elite level pace. Some would say he’s therefore been figured out to a certain extent but I’ve faith in him regaining his confidence and improving his performance level.

He’s capable of scoring points from out the field too and his strength in the air can also be utilised in the half forward line. I think he can still do untold as the year progresses rotating between the attacking lines.

1 Like

He’s getting in a position to miss em pal so given his ability and training regime they’ll soon turn into scores.

we’ll beat those Dublin cunts! The O Byrne cup is where its at! H’on wexford

3 Likes

Sorry lads threw up the wrong team there.

1 Like

That’s more like it😀
We badly need 2 points.

Ah it’s a write off this year. As long as the players get decent game time and some experience, that’s about all you can expect

Absolutely it’s a rebuilding job that needs to be done. I think some of the young guys in the panel are very good footballers but it’s a big jump up to intercounty. But give these lads time, I think they can come good in a few years.

1 Like

Any hurling team named lads?

Usually announced on Friday nights after training, pal. Maybe some news tonight around 10pm.

1 Like

For some reason Clare aren’t naming a team until after the fit given final crazy

Will the clare lads be asked to play 2 games back to back Joe?

They would I suppose but why pick them Clare need to use this to give others game time

Clare team named

Still no Wexford team… Davy keeping his cards close to his chest😀