Wexford GAA 2018

Clare have named a weak side very poor I think their using tomorrow to try out the subs

Nightmare scenario lose today and then head to Kilkenny where loser goes into relegation play off.

That won’t happen I expect Wexford to score goals today

Well done Wexford

@Bandage or @Wexford1996, how strong was the wind? I see on Buffs highlights one of Fannings frees was from inside our 45.

Who took the shorter frees in the 2nd half? Was that ROC or someone else?

Ignore the 2nd question. Twitter tells me it was Morris

And following on, I was only half listening to the radio commentary, and even at that it’s hard to read much into that, but it was mentioned about some wides from frees I thought.

On the radio too, Spratt had another corker. Tom Dempseys daughter was playing for wexford Camogie in Down, and Spratt says, “you won’t like this Tom, the score is Down 8 points, wexford 2-7”. Tom had to tell him that meant wexford were winning and he was happy, so Liam said he should just give the mic to him and Billy and retire.

2 Likes

Wind was pretty strong. I was confident enough that we’d win at half time. Our shooting was poor first half but wind was a factor in that. Chin had 2 efforts from the open side that didn’t trouble the posts and probably wrong decision to shoot. Fanning had couple of frees from 80/90 yards in first half and they were landing on the 21. Think we only had the one close in one second halfwhich Morris took and was replaced shortly after. Rory O’ Connor took a 65 after that.

Billy himself would tell you Spratt is gone. He’s there just for comedy value at the moment.

Finally, had we any clear cut goal chances or were we happy enough tap over from distance?

Nothing that you could call clear cut but jacko tested the keeper with a shot that he pushed over the bar. I can’t recall of any other chance…

1 Like

Yeah that was a great move, think Mac found him with a great pass. Think it was Dunbar that looked he might be in with about 10 mins left but he was wisely decided to take the point.

1 Like

I forgot that the footballers were playing today.

Lost to Offaly by 1-13 to 1-10. Brosnan sent off in first half.

Offaly were the only other winless team before today so I think that’s us pretty much back to Division 4 after 5 defeats.

That’s 4 of our 5 games we have had a man sent off… tried manfully in the second half with 14 men. I’d give us a chance against Laois in the summer. Was told that it’s Ciaran Lyng’s wedding next weekend and a few of the senior players could be headin abroad for it? If correct and you were a betting man, would make Derry even hotter favourites next Sunday

1 Like

We’ve been competitive in all games (based on scores/reports) so pity no win.
Long term project

I’m only in and out watching it but Rory O Connor seemed to have a fine game today @Bandage

Rory O’Connor will be the High King of Ireland come August.

Very young and experimental football team named, as predicted a few lads gone to Lyngs wedding

Derry -4 is 10/11

Charge?

I already placed a sizable bet (for me) on Derry earlier in the week…