Wexford GAA 2018

The number on the back is horrendous. They could have modernised it a bit

I donā€™t think that was the plan.

2 Likes

Mac complains retro jersey is old fashioned

12 Likes

You couldnā€™t make it up.

Fuck sake :grinning:

@Bandage, how did we get on in the primary school game mate? I see Limerick won there one handy so Iā€™d hope we had a similar big win in another important match up.

1 Like

:laughing:

I didnā€™t catch the final score but I saw the mentors getting the teams to pose together for a joint photo at the end of the game. Disgraceful. Breeding softness and lovey dovey shit into them.

As an aside, I see Kilkenny destroyed us in the U17 on Saturday. Is it still being called minor? Iā€™m told by a knowledgeable hurling man that this group has been weak all the way up the age grades, but are we regressing at underage again?

1 Like

Weā€™re not particularly strong but think itā€™s meant to be an exceptional Kilkenny team. We should have been ahead at half time Saturday but only went in level and KK destroyed them second half. Playing Dublin in Parnell Park next Sunday.

1 Like

Great win for Wexford at the weekend, very pleasing to see our lads keep their heads in stoppage time and finish like that. Same again next week please.

I was very disappointed when entering the ground at the clonard side that there was no stiles for season ticket holders. I asked a steward and he told me I would need to go to the stand. I got in on the stand side and asked another steward to open up the small gate to allow my to cross over to my preferred vantage point the open side stand. Thankfully he obliged, telling me in the process that he shouldnā€™t really allow me.

My point is why didnā€™t the park allow season ticket holders enter either stand? I have no business being in the covered stand and I prefer viewing the game on the open side. As a season ticket holder I should be entitled to go where I want, the ticket cost 120, Iā€™ve been following the wexford Hurlers for 25 years. Iā€™ve missed 1 championship match in that period and regularly attend all league games, itā€™s not good enough.

@Bandage
@Mac

Who can i write a strongly worded email too so this doesnā€™t happen for the Galway match?

A forum member here has a parent who works on the turnstiles. If he hasnā€™t already PMā€™ed you Iā€™ll be disappointed.

heā€™s been mainly on the stand side for any of the games Iā€™ve been in at the last few times. dont think he would be of any help to @wexico14. Although if he just wants to get in for free, PM away.

No donā€™t want to get in for free. The season ticket gaurenteed me free access on Sunday as part of the season ticket deal, you get free in for first championship game. Iā€™m just wondering are wexford park only going to allow season ticket holders access the main stand for Galway match. As stated above I prefer the open side.

Presumably the county secretary, bro. Is there an email address on the Wexford GAA website?

There was a shower at around 2.15pm and a procession of people walked across the pitch from the open side to the stand over the course of the next 5 minutes. All the stewards standing there scratching themselves. :laughing:

We could have had another Wexford-Roscommon & Wexford-Limerick debacle from 2009 if 1) the stand had already been full and/or 2) the rain didnā€™t pass off.

A 15-minute delay when the ground was only half full was a bit of a joke.

1 Like

As far as I know, the season ticket gets you the best set in the house, which in IWP is considered the covered stand. So it would be like Croke Park, your season ticket might get you the Hogan stand but if your preferred stand is the Cusack then you are screwed.

To be honest, I doubt it would be an issue switching over pre game despite any stewards protestations.

1 Like

The other amusing thing was that at half time there was the usual encroachment onto the pitch by kids. The stewards conveniently abandoned their positions at half time to allow this to happen - much to the dismay of officials.

They should really just make a provision for claims and consider it marketing. It really is a great thing for the childer to get out on the pitch at half time.

There is no pleasing everyone.

Although I was a bit miffed that there were no concessions for the covered stand - therefore pretty much forcing families onto the open side.

I can exclusively inform the forum that Wexford GAA County Board has withdrawn Innovate Wexford Park car parking passes for certain INM journalists.

A well placed source told me it may be due to the high profile data breach at INM and the bitter row between ex CEO Robert Pitt and ex Chairman Leslie Buckley.

But they havenā€™t banned national journalists from the Indo, Herald etc only the journalists from the INMā€™s local titles in Wexford.

It could therefore be due to something else altogether, but I really donā€™t know.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve withdrawn car passes from sponsors? Thatā€™s fantastic work.

Thereā€™s only 1 local title in Wexford.

INM have a number of different titles in Wexford.