Wexford

There’s a good few now, Brian, but the majority of them are no better than frozen pizza as the places are generally kebab shops or chippers as well. Apache on Dame Street do slices now, as does Pizza Dog on Wexford Street but I haven’t tried the latter and the former isn’t much good. Ray’s and DiFontaine’s are the only decent places, from my experience. I’m amazed Ray’s didn’t do well in Gorey while Domino’s have been open down by the shopping centre for years. Ray’s were doing a slice of cheese pizza for 2 euro before 5pm and a full takeaway pizza was well under a tenner anytime. Stonking value but the fat hordes of Gorey obviously favour the shite served up elsewhere.

FAO Bandage

DO you have a strong Wexford accent?

Have you never heard the bandage rocko podcast runt ?

I think I did.
I’m just wondering if he does, do people take him seriously in a professional environment.
It’s some joke of an accent, up there with the Louth one.

Not particularly. I am very well spoken. Why do you ask?

his accent sounded well diluted by a stint in SCD in that clip

Its quare bad alrih

I adopt a Wexford lilt when I’m in Gorey or its surrounds so the locals don’t cotton on to the fact that I’m an outsider. It’s a wonderful accent. Very earthy.

Wexford accent is up there as the worst in Ireland.
Wexford town accent is THE worst accent in Ireland.
Enniscorthy accent not far behind.

Aawriight brudderr, we ged a risowel lad downnnn da premmierr like.

Still can’t believe Runt and Rintintin went to Wexford, and the Premier in particular [home of the rissole (along with Caffolla’s)], and didn’t even order a rissole.

Congratulations to Billy Walsh on becoming a free man of Wexford. :clap:

Wonderful news, and well deserved at that.

Did any fellow Wexfordonians attend the Legends of 1996 v the Camogie Team 2012 charity match on Saturday?

I didn’t but reports say it was a highly entertaining draw.

I did in my hole, Thrawneen.

Wexford General Hospital has the worst hand hygiene compliance rate in the country, according to the latest figures from the HSE’s Health Protection Surveillance Centre.

Wexford folk aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.

[font=Arial][size=4]
A couple have been found guilty of the unlawful killing by neglect of a woman in Co Wexford six years ago.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Evelyn Joel was taken by ambulance from her daughter’s home in Enniscorthy to Wexford General Hospital on 1 January 2006, but died there six days later.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Her 38-year-old daughter Eleanor and Eleanor’s partner, Jonathan Costen, 40, both pleaded not guilty to the unlawful killing by neglect.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Following four hours of deliberation, the jury returned majority 11-one guilty verdicts for both of the accused.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Joel and Costen have been remanded on bail for sentencing in February.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
The trial before a jury of seven men and five women at Wexford Circuit Court had heard from prosecuting Senior Counsel Justin Dillon that central to the case was that Evelyn Joel suffered from multiple sclerosis.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
The State’s case focussed on the last four to five weeks that she was in the house before being moved to hospital, saying in that time it seemed she was in bed all of the time.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Mr Dillon told the trial that when ambulance personnel attended her, they found Evelyn Joel was effectively lying in her own filth and that she had not been looked after.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Ambulance Technician Ray Sinnott told the court that when called to the house, Evelyn was in bed, that she looked very thin and pale and that when he pulled the sheets back he saw nappies and excrement around her lower body.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Hospital Technician Dermot O’Brien said she was very dirty from her hair to her teeth, arms and legs that as they held her in the bath trying to wash her she moaned with pain.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
The case lasted two weeks at Wexford Circuirt Court; and after the judge addressed the jury yesterday, they started their deliberations this morning.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
They were later told they could return a majority verdict, which they did, finding both defendents guilty 11-one.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=4]
Both have been asked to surrender their passports and a psychological assessment was requested on Eleanor Joel.[/size][/font]

Cat got your tongue Mac?

You must be some thick cunt to drag “a statement” from these bunch of fraudelent spoofers into this thread…

Meanwhile…

The Pride of Enniscorthy, The Strawberry Queen:

http://www.countywexfordstrawberryfestival.com/media/560739_10151172873373098_2040762684_n.jpg