What mobile phone do you have?

If you want a top of the range budget phone go with the one plus 3 for 399 euro.

What would happen if your current one ‘broke’ or ‘was stolen’?

I’d get another one of these! They work great so no reason for work not to use them. My whatsapp complaint isn’t gonna budge them

KP has a good comparison website there between the specs. The one area where the S7 looks weaker is in the camera, but it is by far the best camera I have seen on a phone yet. Apparently the reduction in megapixels was to improve some other shit or other for the camera. Also, the battery seems to be a good deal better than the Oneplus3 http://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3 based on those comparisons. It also has a micro SD slot which was a factor for me too. I got the S7 sim free, no contracts, for just over €100 more than the oneplus3, so I suppose it depends on budget too. I got the standard one, not the edge. Dont really see the need for the edge to be honest, just seems a bit gimmicky.

+1

I see the Apple sheep are about to be mugged off again by not being able to use traditional headphones in the new iPhone and being recommend to buy some Apple headphones. Tis no wonder the share price is so strong. They’ll soon need to be selling portable chargers as add ons to the phone that you can plug in to keep a charge in your phone, headphones, watch etc.

2 Likes

The phone comes with an adapter that allows one to use traditional headphones.

Traditional headphones will ruin the image of the sheep mate, they won’t be caught dead with them. They’ll all buy the new ones like the sheep they are.

I’ve an iPhone that I got about 4 years back on bill pay. The actual handset I have is about three years old as there was a problem with the first one and it was just about still in warranty. After two years of the bill I went back to prepay for first time in years and rarely spend more than €20 a month.

Time to make a switch as the current phone’s battery isn’t lasting as long. Think I’m gonna stay prepay which rules out iPhones as too expensive.

Any good recommendations for a decent android phone for no more than €200 on 3 prepay? Fairly clueless bout android devices. The Mrs has a Motorola which seems decent.

I recently moved to Android operating system. I picked up a lovely refurbished grade a Samsung Galaxy Note. Depends on what you’re after. The Galaxy Note might be a bit too big for most people, but you could pick up a really nice grade A refurbished Samsung Galaxy S5 for rent around the €200 Mark. I can recommend this phone as my missus has had it for the last two years - it’s an absolutely fantastic phone.

You’d want your head examined to buy a new phone.

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to buy a second hand phone. Some deviant cunt could have had it up his hole while wearing his gastric gimp mask.

6 Likes

What does RAM do?

I have a Sony Xperia z3. Stuck a 128 gig memory card in. It’s a great phone. I’ve dropped it loads of times ( has a screen protector and a case) and still works great. Decent sized screen. And it’s waterproof, so it’s great on the bike.

Ps I had an iPhone before, and I will never go back to one.

RAM is memory that Operating system and apps are loaded into, the CPU is the brain that does all the processing. RAM and CPU decide how powerful or responsive a device is. The 16/32/64 GB is storage for OS and files.

1 Like

i have one of these Huawei phones
i was actually offered a job on their site recently in Ipswich but i refused s i was involved in a semicondutor merger at the time
its a grand phone tho,

1 Like

yes
last week

100% yes

Thinking of getting out of the iPhone stranglehold, any obvious drawbacks with the P9 if I don’t go the Samsung route?

You said that you wouldn’t be able to use traditional headphones with the new iphone.
You lied mate.