What mobile phone do you have?

Reports that a replacement Note 7 went on fire on a US flight. This would be very bad news for Samsung if true

Took possession of a Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 there a few weeks ago. Smashing smartphone for the price of 400 euro ready to go and free with bill pay. Hardware spec is up there with all the other high end androids with octa core processor, 3 GB of RAM and gorilla glass. Very good speakers as well. Hardware is made by Alcatel. Top top phone.

1 Like

Disaster for Samsung. Those with the new Note 7 and the replacements are told to power them down and not use them. The replacements are also catching fire.

1 Like

I am calling this as North Korean Industrial Espionage @Locke.

2 Likes

You’d want to have your head examined to be going around with a new Note 7

2 Likes

Shares getting a bit of a hammering down 15% last couple of days after near doubling in 12 months

Another week of falling share price would be inclined to buy some, assuming the issues are isolated to the note. Top quality products in general and this is possibly just a high profile blip

Were they not already seriously struggling to remain profitable even before this disaster ?

They had 6 bn stg profits in last quarter anyways and 70 bn in cash

Limited debt on balance sheet

where they using the famous “michael noonan method” of calculating?

2 Likes

Ok, maybe it was profits had fallen as opposed to losses.

Anyone know anything about unlocking a meteor iPhone?

Yea, I was kinda looking for a workaround.

Nevermind, turns out I just need to bring it to a meteor store. Cheers.

:rollseyes:

I can see how a shortarse would associate with that smiley.

Anyone else vodafone in Limerick? Phone and office wifi both vodafone are down and so is their website it would seem.

Ya, the 4G is gone to pot since lunchtime.
I’ll give them a call

She said it’s been resolved in the past 20 minutes.

Got a new iPhone 7 today. Work phone. Seems exact same as iPhone 6 to me except no headphone jack.

Anyway it is brilliant.