What mobile phone do you have?

iPhone is on its last legs and the cost of forking out for a new one is prohibitive. For the price of the lowest grade iPhone (499) I can get a Hiawei 9 or something with way way higher specs. Basically, iPhone is dead.

Anyone have experience of changeover from iPhone to android? Is it possible to port data over? I hear there is some sort of app? @TreatyStones @KinvarasPassion @gilgamboa

What sort of stuff are you porting over? If you get everything backed up to Google Drive or Google Photos it may be easier to migrate

No idea about moving stuff over tbh. I didn’t go from Apple to android. Would never buy apple again anyways android is hugely better IMO. Battery life on Samsung galaxy is top notch too compared to iPhone.

I’m sure they would do it in the shop for you if you were buying phone there

Yeah all the photos and apps. Can I bring over apps I’ve paid for? What about whatsapp and message history back up?

The attraction of a new iPhone is the simplicity of backing up the old phone and loading everything onto the new phone with no loss of anything on there. What’s the closest I can get to that when transferring to an android? (Calling) @mac

PS the man in the shop told me they can’t do that you have to google how to do it and there are a number of options including phone cloning apps or some such.

1 Like
1 Like

Most apps will be OS specific so a good chance you’ll lose data that’s only housed in the app. You can do WhatsApp backups to Google Drive for example so that might work, but you’d lose your standard SMS messages.

Download Google Drive and Photos to your iPhone and try to start backing everything up (assuming @TreatyStones doesn’t scare you).

1 Like

To Backup Whatsapp History go to,

Settings> Chats > Chat Backup> Backup Now.

This will backup the Logs to icloud i think

1 Like

I’ll sell you a 5S for €250.

I’m trying to get away from a 5S. What else have you got?

Stick your photos etc into Dropbox anyway is the hardest by a mile.

I moved from one company phone to my own so wasn’t allowed to transfer anything as I didn’t ‘own’ the contract and was some privacy issues. Had to export numbers onto an excel sheet and pick them up as I needed them!

I’m pretty sure your whatsapp account will follow with your number. So while you might not have the names attached to the numbers you will have the contacts

All my contact support are synced to my google account.

If you can wait around 4 weeks I’ll sell you a 6 for €500.

Sure I can buy one of them off apple for that, where’s my TFK buddy discount?

64GB. They’ll run you bout 800 dolla in the shop. Mine is a generous offer.

I ordered a 64Gb Refurbished 6 plus on EBay for 330.

Should have it tomorrow

Cheers for the update

1 Like

That’s a refurbished phone from a probable sex offender from the INTERNET. My offer is an almost new phone from a trusted TFKer.

Apples and oranges.

3 Likes

What kind of fucking scam are you trying to pull @Horsebox??? :rage:

Whats the difference between the 2 people?