What mobile phone do you have?

In @ChocolateMice’s case none but I’m an upstanding member of society.

1 Like

Indeed

(That post still makes me laugh for what its worth @Horsebox)

8 Likes

Motorola G5 is the phone you need

I went from Android to iOS recently and it was seamless, so I’d imagine the opposite will hold true for you. Make sure all your contacts are on Google. You could export them all to a CSV, delete them from Google, clean them up on MS Excel, and then re-upload back to Google for a fresh start.

Regarding photos, just export them onto your PC and forget trying to transfer them across. New beginnings, and all that.

I wasn’t able to transfer my one and only paid app (i.e. Hullomail), but they’re cunts anyway. You might have more luck depending on your apps.

For what it’s worth, Android is a far better operating system than iOS, imho, but having said that the new iPhone 7 is a smashing phone and I’m finally beginning to change my opinion of iPhones.

I’m showing up as tagged in this thread but can’t find the offending post… Ah well

There’s nothing to see here. @Horsebox insinuated that you were a sex offender, but @Bandage has dished out a lengthy and well-deserved ban.

1 Like

Dunno about data but I went iPhone to android, and waay prefer android.
I’ll never go back.
Never Never Never.

2 Likes

No wonder, I have HB on ignore.

I’ll ignore you with a slap across your puss.

Who’s tagging me now? Fucksake

My iPhone 5 was giving me fierce trouble and wouldn’t charge and kept freezing along with the screen jumping like mad every few mins, I’m due a new iPhone 7 from work but hate changing over with contacts etc.
So I went into the phone shop to enquire about getting the charging terminal fixed instead of signing for a new one at work.
Your man tried to charge to iPhone 5 and then just picked up a tooth pick type implement and poked a piece of lint from it… phone now charges perfectly, I told him about the screen jumping and assumed I’d need a new screen, he asked was it certain app that it jumped on.
It’s always YouTube and tripadvisor that it kicks up on.
On his advise I duly deleted and reinstalled both and phone is now working like new.
He wouldn’t take a cent for it.

Cool story Brimmer.

That never happened.

Did he charge you 40 euro for the de-lintification?

No. I tried to pay him and he said he couldn’t charge me for 10 seconds work. I’m just delighted I don’t have to go through the ordeal or switching phones. Had he charged me €100 I’d have happily paid up.

That can happen with the headphone jack too, even if you don’t use it. Phone thinks there’s something plugged in and disables the standard mic and speaker.

1 Like

I switched from an iPhone to a Sony Xperia X last week. The switch was far easier than expected. Not sure I’m used to, or like android yet, not as intuitive as iOS I find.

A colleague said it’s a seamless transition nowadays, you just back up your’ …
That’s where I zoned out and made my way to the phone repair shop.

2 Likes

I’m on the train and there’s a gimp on the carriage with his mobile phone attached to a lanyard around his neck. WTF?

He’s an important fellow obviously with tonnes of responsibility. That phones could ring anytime.

1 Like

It might only ring once, and he has to be quick.